𝙙𝙞𝙭-𝙨𝙚𝙥𝙩

" sunshine. you are my sunshine. "

。。。

。。。

yelling.

that's all yukhei heard.

the yelling of the district's ruler ringing in his head.

by the time he got back, he already knew what he was getting himself into. he already saw what the future held for him and it wasn't a good future either.

"tell me exactly why you decided to disobey at such time?!"

yukhei rolled his eyes, "maybe because you don't need all that power! there was a reason why the head councilor took most of your magic away, it was because you were abusing it. people suffered because of you and you think it's right to do it again?! the wings you took, my wings you took, proved how ruthless you are. caring for the district? caring for the district my ass! you're destroying it goddamnit!"

it felt good letting all of that out. the anger and bitterness that resided in his being was let out, and it all felt so satisfying.

"i am not under your control anymore. none of these fairies are. you're just shit show with a crown sitting on your fucking head." the young fairy stormed out of the throne room, but not after he gave the ruler a deadly glare.

a moment after yukhei left, the ruler bursted out in a fit of laughter. a laughter of amusement, a laughter of malicious intent.

"oh dear, people fear me for a reason young man."

-☀️-

"hyuck, do you want some tea?"

donghyuck ended up getting a cold the next day, and it was probably everything that happened in such a short amount of time. it kind of drove the male over the edge and left him mentally and physically exhausted.

he shook his head, causing the folded towel on his head to slide off.

mark sighed lightly, taking the warmed up towel and swished it around in the bowl of cold water on the floor beside the chair he was sitting in. after wringing the towel, he folded it up again and placed it back on the younger's forehead.

from the early hours of the morning till the evening, mark took care of donghyuck. he knew he's going have a lot to catch up on after this, but right now, donghyuck was his number one priority.

"are you sure?" he asked again.

donghyuck hummed in response, as he couldn't find the energy to that many words out.

"h-hug?" the younger managed a small whisper, one of his hands poking out of the mountain of blankets on his body trying to reach the elder's hand.

"you want a hug?"

donghyuck nodded his head.

did mark just receive a mini heart attack? yeah, maybe.

mark somehow maneuvered his way under the blankets and wrapped his arms around the smaller's frame. donghyuck hummed his contentment, scooting a bit closer to mark, enjoying being held by him.

"hyung, you didn't have to take care of me today. i could've managed."

"no, i couldn't let my sunshine be sick with no one to take care of him. i refuse to."

donghyuck felt hotter, hearing the new nickname mark had given him. him? sunshine? no one had ever called him something endearing, nor used an endearment on him.

and boy did he love the feeling it gave him.

"can you call me that again?"

"call you what again?"

"s-sunshine."

"you like it?"

the elder felt donghyuck hum and nod his head against his chest. a melodic chuckle left his lips, feeling his insides melt at the younger's suggestion. it was so pure and it showed how new donghyuck was to this whole world of giving and receiving love.

it made mark's body tingle in slight bliss, loving the way donghyuck made him feel. even with the smallest smile, or wrinkle of the nose, it made mark's heart do flips. even at the mere thought of him, brought him joy.

"sunshine. you are my sunshine."

-☀️-

though the little fairy never had much company, his days were as bright as the sunshine that casted upon him. his wings were just as vibrant as he ran along the paths of his village.

glares and disgusted looks were thrown his way, but today, the fairy had an imaginary bubble casted around his being. a bubble that was filled with the positive energy he exuded.

his eyes were sparkling, a toothy smile was displayed on his face, and he was excited to see the first flowers bloom at the sunflower fields. the first day of spring became one of his favorite days, due to the sight that unfolded in the spacious green fields.

as the seasons progressed, the sunflowers died off in the fall and winter. then came spring, where they flourished again with all their beauty. this was an event donghyuck never missed. even if he had school, he'd skip just to see the sunflowers smile up at the sun.

in his line of vision, he spotted the familiar field and his smile grew even more. tall green stalks were sprinkled everywhere in the field, the bud of the flower still closed.

just like magic, slowly each flower started to slowly blossom. the yellowy petals of the flower started to peek out, as the bud opened. it amazed donghyuck, causing him to stare at the field in awe, slightly jumping in his spot.

then, a thought crossed him mind.

'i would love to share the pretty sunflowers with someone.'

-🦁-

just another peek into donghyuck's past, and this time, it wasn't such a bad one :)