𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

fairy dust

。。。

it had been, what? a year since mark woke up to donghyuck having no traces of life left in him?

yes, a year.

one painful, unbearable year without his sunshine with him.

at first, he thought it was some cruel joke, but the missing pulse and warmth of the male proved his theory otherwise. donghyuck had been long gone, and mark had sat there on the younger's bed cradling him in his arms.

tears trekked down his cheeks and onto the body that he was holding onto so tightly.

mark didn't want to believe it. he tried relentlessly to tell the doctors that donghyuck wasn't dead. he was only given piteous stares and so called 'comforting words', as they pushed him out of the hospital room.

the last that he saw of his sunshine was the doctors draping a white sheet over him before the door completely closed in his face. he tried banging on the door, but was taken away by security and thrown outside the hospital.

so he sat there on the concrete floor in front of the hospital crying his lungs out. mark didn't want to believe that donghyuck was gone, he refused to. but why did the little voice at the back of his head keep on telling him that it was true?

nothing was the same after donghyuck's death. especially in the group of friends he had gotten close to. once mark told the news to the boys, they were just in shock. at first, they were just like mark, they didn't believe it, but seeing how utterly broken mark looked caused them to believe his words.

news had spread about the young fairy's death and those who knew him, felt mournful. they all knew him as the bright and kind boy who was willing to help those who needed his help. just seeing him in the hallways, the students were greeted by his joyfulness, and that caused them to crack the slightest of smiles.

in honor of donghyuck, the student body planted sunflowers along the path he loved walking past so much.

the dreamies, jungwoo, and lucas had a tough year moving on. mark probably struggled the most out of all of them combined. the male would lock himself in his dorm for days, refusing to go out.

he also refused to eat, having no appetite to satisfy. the male would've died if it weren't for the others forcing him to eat and keeping his health in check. this lasted for a good couple months before mark slowly started to go out again, letting the healing process continue and progress.

soon enough, the old mark was back. he would always remember donghyuck as his sunshine, the person who came into his life and shedding light into it. he would always remember the feeling of him beside him, the sound of his wonderful voice and melodious laugh. he would remember all of it.

--

"yOU DID WHAT?!"

"i only did what everyone else wanted, besides, the boy was bound to die young anyways." the ruler of the belladonna district was nonchalant in announcing the act he had committed to the head councilor. acting like it was something to be rewarded for, which it wasn't. at all.

scarily nonchalant, so much to the point the other rulers looked at him in sheer horror.

"you do understand that this is murder correct?" one of the leaders pointed out, feeling her anger starting to boil up.

"yeah, and? like i said, i'm doing you all a favor in removing the vermin in this society." it just shocked how cruel the fairy was being.

yes, they knew of donghyuck and they weren't very fond of him, but they would never wish death upon the boy.

"no, you are the vermin in our society. we've gotten a recent report of what you've been doing to your people, and we've decided you'll be receiving the highest level of punishment. i hope you don't mind being killed over and over and over again." the councilor didn't take murder lightly, especially when a fellow councilor committed the crime themselves.

"what?! you have to be joking right? he was meant to die! he would've only cause our society to crumble into tiny pieces of dust—"

"we are all meant to die, it's just the timing that's different. and that boy...he was no where deserving of that death. now guards, take him away."

"wait! no! wHAT I DID WAS RIGHT! YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY DEFEND THAT WRETCHED FAIRY!" as the guards dragged him away, his voice echoed around the hallways of the building, slowly dissipating into silence.

-✨-

mark was organizing the new delivery of flowers behind the front counter, as he hummed along to a random tune in his head. at the moment, doyoung was out running a few quick errands, so he was left to manage the whole place by himself.

whilst opening up the next box of flowers, he was met with the sight of sunflowers. a sad yet fond smile made its way towards his lips, remembering the person whom these flowers reminded him of.

he was so into reminiscing about donghyuck, he didn't notice the front door's bell jingling when opened. not until a familiar voice rung through his ears.

"hello? anybody here?"

mark shot up from behind the counter, scaring the customer in the process.

"hoLY SHIT—"

"i'm so so sorry for scaring you—" all of his words suddenly got stuck in his throat, being as the sight in front of him made him want to pinch himself to see if he was dreaming or not.

"no, it's all cool. i was just wondering if you guys had any sunflowers in stock that's a—"

"donghyuck?"

-☀️💚🦁-

yes, i just did that.
and yes, it was a pleasure writing this book.
but sadly, this is the end of 'fairy dust' and i will definitely miss this book a lot.
either than that, i hope everyone enjoyed reading this mess of a book and maybe i'll see y'all in my norenmin book called 'drive' when it comes out.

01.28.19
04.28.19