Chapter 1: Towards Destiny

The whirling blades of the helicopter were loud and annoying to most people. They were even worse for a vampire, who's hearing was sharper than a human's. That was only normal though since vampires were supernatural creatures.

Still, even now, Seras Victoria would expect to wake up to realize that this was all a dream. That she was just an ordinary police girl that lived in a world of only humans. No vampires, ghouls, or demons.

But no, that wasn't going to happen. Seras was never going to wake up from this nightmare because she wasn't dreaming. Oh well, things could be worse.

Seras' baby blue eyes shifted in the direction of her master. The former vampire king sat soundly in his seat, not bothered by the helicopter's blades in the least. Seras wondered what he was thinking. It was impossible to tell with him. She still didn't even know why exactly he had turned her into a vampire. She was just another human dying from a vicious vampire attack. Why save her?

'I'll never figure him out.' she decided, glancing out the window again as they returned to Hellsing's headquarters.

She began thinking about her other master, Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing. The only remaining descendant of Van Hellsing, and the only one who could control Alucard. Ever since he was defeated by the legendary monster hunter and came into the services of humans. Integra was Alucard's master, and thus Seras' as well.

Though fiercely loyal to Integra, Seras wondered if Alucard's loyalty went beyond his enslavement to Hellsing. Did he miss his days as the evil Count Dracula, or was he content with the way things are. He certainly seemed satisfied with life, although the evil within his heart would never fade away, no matter how long he defended the earth from the demons. Every now and then that evil side would creep up and unleash itself, and it seemed to be during those times that Alucard enjoyed himself the most.

'What would he be like without those locks on his powers?' Seras wondered, glancing at the ancient vampire. Would he go back to his sadistic evil ways? Probably. It was in his nature.'And it's in mine too.'

Being a vampire had many benefits, but it did come at a price. There were all the classic things such as thirst for blood, aversion to sunlight and most holy items. But many of the tales about vampires were false. Vampires did cast a reflection and a shadow, and they certainly didn't need to be invited into a home before they could enter.

But Alucard was the king of vampires, and he seemed perfectly capable of breaking the rules that other vampires followed. Sunlight didn't seem to be a problem for him at all, though that could just because of his age. Eventually Seras would be able to survive in the sunlight, though she would now and forever be a creature of darkness. But it wasn't just the sun that Alucard seemed capable of overcoming. He overcame everything that should be capable of killing a vampire. Stake through the heart, head cut off, set on fire, stabbed by holy blades. Alucard seemed to be well and truly immortal, though he would deny that true immortality was impossible.

But out of everything that had happened since she had been Turned, the thing that scared her the most was the predator in her. She was afraid that she would become like the monstrous creatures she and her master faced down. It had happened before. She still remembered back when the Valentine brothers had attack Hellsing. She had gone berserk and tore the entire army of ghouls to shreds very easily. And she had liked it. That's what scared her. She liked tearing those people to shreds. True, they weren't real people, merely soulless corpses controlled by evil, but still it had been very enjoyable. Alucard would have been proud if he had been there.

She looked at her master again and wondered what would become of them in the future. Eternal life wasn't just handed out everyday. Would they forever be battling the evil of this world? She knew that her master certainly hoped so. He was grateful for all the wrongdoers in the world so he could rip them to pieces. And Seras knew that she would be right there with him. She would follow her master anywhere. She would even jump into the deepest pit of Hell without hesitation.

Alucard's gaze shifted to Seras. Though his eyes were still hidden behind his glasses, Seras knew he was looking at her. Her suspicions were confirmed when he gave her his trademark smirk.

"Be wary of your thoughts, Police Girl," he told her, "they could get you into trouble."

Seras looked away, embarrassed. Had he read her mind again? She hated it when he did that. It made her feel like she had no privacy.

Well, now that she thought about it, she technically never did have any privacy. Ever since she drank the blood of Pip Bernadotte, leader of the Wild Geese, she had never once been alone. She had familiarized him, absorbed his soul, made him a part of her. She didn't have to drain him completely, but it had been what he wanted. He was dying anyway. She couldn't Turn him, for there was no way in hell Pip had been a virgin. He would have ended up as a ghoul.

Once again her thoughts shifted to her master. How many people had he familiarized? Hundreds, thousands, millions? It wouldn't surprise her. He had added quite a few to his 'collection' on this last mission.

"Master, now that Iscariot has been disbanded, what will Sir Integra do?" Seras asked.

Alucard just smirked. "What indeed?" he chuckled. "Things are certainly going to be interesting when we get back."

Interesting was definitely one word for it. Who knew that things would turn out this way? When they had gone on the lead they had discovered, they never knew it would bring them to the heart of Millennium. And at long last The Major had been taken down. This time for good. But the battle hadn't ended there. Oh no. Almost immediately Iscariot had turned on them, believing that they were doing God's work. Seras had taken down Enrico Maxwell while Alucard had the time of his life with his rival, the human had before Alucard added Anderson to his collection of familiars.

Seras sighed as so many thoughts swirled around in her head. So much had happened that it was making her head hurt to think about it. It still seemed like only yesterday that she and her partners Eddy and Simon were chasing down run-of-the-mill criminals.

"Look alive, Police Girl," said Alucard, bringing her from her thoughts, "the fighting has not yet ended."

Seras blinked, not quite sure what he meant. But then her vampire senses kicked in and she picked up what he had noticed before her. The smell of blood and death was in the air, and with it fire and smoke. And it only got stronger the closer they got to Hellsing's headquarters.

"What? WHAT?!" she cried, pressing herself against the window to see as far ahead as possible.

A cloud of smoke was rising from over the place Hellsing stood. How? Why? It just wasn't possible. This just couldn't be.

"Master, what's happened?" she asked worriedly.

The fact that their home and hideout had been destroyed didn't seem to concern the vampire lord in the least. "I guess we'll find out when we arrive. Prepare yourself, Police Girl. Sometimes when the battle is seemingly over is when it truly begins."

Seras gulped. She was afraid of what she might find when they arrived. And the closer they got, the more she began to worry. Hellsing was up in flames. Windows were broken and walls were falling down. It was a blazing inferno of death. In short, Hellsing was… hell.