Chapter 8: Massacre

(A/N: I am so sorry this took so long, but I've been busy lately, and it is a long chapter. Now, when you read this, it may seem that Sears is a little out of character. Just let me say that she's letting her vampire instincts take over her, but she's conscious of what's going; so she's not a mindless killer like she sometimes becomes. Ok, I'm done talking. Enjoy.)

Bullets flew from Alucard's guns, but Romasanta dodged them quite easily. It would take much more than mere silver bullets to stop him. Romasanta was as different from other werewolves as Alucard was from other vampires. This was a battle long anticipated, and Junior was loving every moment of it. Two immortal creatures of darkness battling it out in a never-ending fight. What more could he ask for?

'Who will be victorious?' he wondered, smirking evilly. It was a very close match. Werewolves were physically stronger and faster than vampires, but vampires had powers that werewolves did not. And these two, they had power beyond that of their own kind.

Romasanta continued dodging the bullets as he got closer and closer to Alucard. Weapons were fine and dandy, but nothing could compete with tearing apart your victim with your bare hands.

"Time for payback!" he exclaimed.

His fingernails turned into long sharp claws. He slashed Alucard across the chest, splitting him open. Alucard stumbled back and Romasanta slashed him again, this time across the face, causing the vampire king to collapse.

Romasanta sneered down at the fallen vampire. "Funny, you seemed so much stronger the last time we fought."

Alucard sat up, a sadistic smile on his face, and fired. The bullet went straight through Romasanta's chest, and he jumped back snarling.

"My strength has only increased since we last met." Alucard told his rival. "But why would I use my fullest strength and end what is sure to be a beautiful battle so quickly."

Romasanta glared at Alucard, clutching his wound. When he moved his hand away, the bullet hole was completely healed. "You're so cocky. I will truly enjoy the look on your face when you fall." Alucard fired several more rounds. Romasanta all but disappeared as he moved at speeds too fast to see. "You and your guns. Just what are you going to do when you run out of ammo?"

Alucard just smirked. "Why then I'll simply resort to hand to hand combat. I also have a few familiars I want you to meet. You've never met my good friend Walter."

Romasanta laughed. "Ah yes, your familiars. I'm sure you've increased you collection since we last fought. Tell me, how does it feel to have all those voices in your head."

Alucard's grin widened. "Invigorating."

More bullets flew through the air. Romasanta jumped over them, transforming as he did so into one of his wolf forms. Being the king of werewolves, he had more than one wolf form. If Alucard recalled correctly, he had five forms total, his human form, and four wolf ones.

Romasanta was now in his weakest, yet fastest form. A simple common four-legged wolf with the mind of a human, and the killer instinct of a wolf. Alucard fired at the wolf, but Romasanta vanished again, moving too fast for even Alucard to see.

Detecting movement behind him, Alucard spun around to see Romasanta leaping at him. The wolf's teeth closed over Alucard's wrist and refused to let go.

"A simple canine can't beat me." he told the wolf.

Sticking his gun into the wolf's side, he fired several times. But Romasanta refused to let him go. Growling, Alucard pointed his gun at his own arm and fired. He tore free from Romasanta, leaving the limb in the wolf's jaws.