Chapter 4: Bloody Mary

"Master, are you sure this is where we're supposed to be going?" Seras asked.

Alucard just continued to smile. "The blood memories of Severen are telling me to go here." he replied. "I must admit, his master did indeed plan this very well. He was very specific to give him only just enough information to send us here. I assume we will receive another clue here."

Seras blinked. "But that means that he expected Severen to fail."

Alucard chuckled. "Don't you see, Police Girl, this is just a game to him. Severen was a player. Just a pawn for us to crush. It seems as if this master wants to see if I can be defeated. Since Severen failed, he is now useless. He was expendable. And if my assumption is corrected, another minion will meet us here with more information on finding our master."

Seras understood that, but she was still confused about something. "But why send us here?"

She looked around. They were in a public park. There were people around, going about their lives, completely oblivious to the world she now belonged in.

"Isn't it obvious?" Alucard asked. "In the past, Sir Integra wouldn't allow us to show our true nature to the eyes of public. Now that she is no longer here to give us that order, he wants to see if we will still fight with innocents around."

Seras gulped. "Will we?"

She received no response, but she knew the answer. Of course he would, and he would expect her to as well. He may not go hurt innocent people just for the hell of it, but he wouldn't let anyone stand in his way should the situation to fight suddenly rise.

'And Sir Integra isn't here to stop him. I may have control over the locks on his power, but I have no control over him.' Lost in her thoughts, Seras didn't realize that Alucard had stopped walking until she crashed into him. "S-Sorry. But why'd you stop?"

"Because we're here."

Seras blinked. She didn't see anyone "We are?"

A chuckle came from up above. "Actually, you're 20 minutes late."

Seras looked up to find a woman watching them from on top of a streetlight. She eyed the two of them hungrily, a slight blush appearing on her cheek as she looked at Alucard.

"You certainly took your time getting here." she said, running a hand through her long red hair. "I knew you would defeat Severen, Alucard, and I see that your little pet survived as well."

Seras' eye twitched in irritation. "Pet?"

Alucard just smirked. "Didn't have much confidence in your ally, did you?"

The female vampire just grinned, showing off her fangs. "It's not that. Severen was indeed very powerful, but compared to you…" she smiled more broadly, giving the vampire king a look of admiration, "he was nothing."

"How flattering. And just who might you be?"

The redhead leapt down from the streetlight. "My real name is a secret I keep to myself, but I am known as Bloody Mary to my companions." She eyed the ancient vampire up and down. "I have admired you for a long time, vampire king. I have longed to taste your blood for a while now. And you are very handsome."

Seras felt a twinge of jealousy. Was this Bloody Mary hitting on her master? She was liking her less and less. And when the redhead turned to her, she had no trouble showing her that she was disgusted.

Bloody Mary chuckled. "What's wrong, young Seras? You seem irritated."

Seras just growled lightly. "Where's Sir Integra?"