Chapter 3: All I Want For Christmas...

The Reader has been alone at Christmas for a few years.

The Doctor and Team TARDIS arrive at the Reader's flat - They try to encourage her that Christmas isn't all that bad.

13th Doctor/F!Reader

Fluff, First Kiss

-x-

Christmas Eve.

You had dreaded both Christmas Eve and Christmas day for years now... Four years to be exact. They always felt like the loneliest days of the year.

You looked out of your flat window at the night sky, snow was lightly falling. All you could see were the bright lights that covered countless buildings. You also spotted a few giant inflatable Santas and Reindeers. All of this made you feel sick.

Turning away from the window, closing the curtains in the process, you made your way towards the kitchen. The kettle was immediately turned on, you were ready to have a hot drink and just go to sleep. You even thought about sleeping throughout the whole day tomorrow and just pretend that Christmas was some fictional holiday that never even existed.

You leaned against the counter and your eyes drifted to the radio that was placed nearby the kettle... You just knew that a cheesy Christmas song would be playing if you turned it on.

Once the kettle had finished boiling, you realised that the silence just seemed to make you feel even more lonely. You hesitantly reached a hand towards the radio to flip it on - volume low.

"...-just one thing I need. I don't care about the presents..."

You groaned, loudly. Of course. What other song would be playing? You quickly moved towards the kettle and finished making the drink before making your way to the table. You took a seat and allowed the warmth of the mug to fill your hands.

"...-Claus won't make me happy with a toy on Christmas day..."

Your eyes glanced around the flat. It was dark. The only light was coming from the corner of the room, and even that flickered.

You found yourself slightly mouthing the words.

"...-my wish come true..."

You then found yourself whispering along.

"All I want for Christmas is... Y-"

A loud bang caused you to jump out of your skin, spilling some of the hot drink on your lap. You quickly stood up, leaving the mug on the table, "Oh, what the..." you muttered to yourself, wiping the drink away.

The bang occurred again, making you turn your head towards the front door. Your eyes then darted to the clock on the wall - it was almost ten pm. Who could that possibly be?

"(Y/N)!" the familiar voice that made your heart melt came from the other side of the door.

A smile made its way onto your face as you walked towards the door. You had known the Doctor for about nine months now... And they were definitely the best nine months of your life.

You unlocked the door, quick. You expected to see just the blonde Time Lord on the other side. You didn't expect to see everyone else.

"Doc?" you asked, "Yaz? Ryan? Graham? What are you all doing here?" confusion clearly laced your voice. You then noticed that Ryan and Graham were carrying a cardboard box each.