Chapter 5: Simply Brilliant (Part 1)

The Reader and the TARDIS have been "best friends" for a while now. They'd always talk whilst everyone else was off doing their own thing.

But after a tragic accident whilst on an adventure, it left the Reader partially paralyzed, temporarily. Their voice was also taken from them, too. The Reader goes back to the only one she can properly open up to... the TARDIS. The Reader needs help on how to communicate with the Doctor without a voice.

13th Doctor/F!Reader

Fluff & Angst between 13/Reader and 13/TARDIS

(Kind of based on another dream I had! Been having a few DW dreams lately!)

-x-

Your hands shook as you tried to flex your fingers. The Doctor helped you sit up in the bed, allowing your back to rest against the headboard.

"Are you okay?" she asked as she sat next you on the bed, worry clearly lacing her voice.

You nodded your head slightly, still feeling the pain shoot through your neck.

-x-

It happened exactly 16 days ago. You had been cooped up in your TARDIS bedroom for those full 16 days.

The Doctor had taken you, Yaz, Ryan and Graham on an adventure. Just like every other day. She had intended to land on a desolate planet full of beaches and clear waters... But the TARDIS had other plans.

You had landed on a planet with musky skies. The ground looked sandy and there were buildings far and wide.

The Doctor was cautious at first. More than cautious. She knew exactly what planet we had landed on.

It went by the name Skaro.

Meeting the Daleks hadn't exactly been a fun experience. Of course they were threatening to take over Earth. What alien race didn't want to take the planet over?

The five of you had been there for a few hours, dodging Daleks left and right. The Doctor had refused to let go of your hand throughout your entire stay. You weren't exactly complaining, though. You seemed to tighten your grip overtime, interlacing your fingers in the process.

You couldn't lie... You were having fun running and dodging Dalek weaponry. As was Yaz, Ryan and Graham. Just the thrill of everything kept you going. Faster and faster.

But that fun was quickly cut short. You felt the sharp and intense pain graze the side of your neck, the sound of the Dalek exclaiming 'Exterminate!' filled your ears as you fell to your knees.

"No, no, no!" the Doctor stammered as she felt your hand fall from hers. She quickly knelt down and grabbed your arms, "Hey, hey, hey, (Y/N)! (Y/N), look at me! We have to keep moving!"

"Doctor!" Yaz exclaimed.

The Doctor looked up at the trio still standing, "Run! To the TARDIS!"

"But-" Graham started.

"Go!" the Doctor insisted.

"Doctor!" the Dalek's metallic voice echoed throughout the halls as it approached, "You will come with me! And no-one else shall be harmed!"

You felt your eyes droop, the pain coursing throughout your body was unbearable.

All you remember after that was darkness. Pure darkness.

-x-

You had awoke in your TARDIS bedroom, your body aching all over. Your eyes caught a glowing light. A bright orange light. You managed to tilt your head to the side slightly, you saw the Doctor sitting on the edge of the bed.