Chapter 4: Burning Up

This fanfiction is based on my dream I had! Yes. I had this exact adventure with 13 and Ryan in my dream. I don't know what my brain gets up to sometimes.

The Doctor finally agrees to let the Reader and Ryan go Christmas shopping. It's normal present day... Or is it? Trouble ensues. Can the Doctor save the Reader in time before it's too late?

13th Doctor/F!Reader

Fluff, Angst... It gets sad(ish)

(I didn't intend for this fic to be this long...)

-x-

"Yes! Fine! Okay!" the Doctor exclaimed as you and Ryan kept on pushing her towards the console, "We can go Christmas shopping but only for an hour max! I'm craving an adventure!"

"Make that two hours and we have a deal." you replied, folding your arms. You knew that the Doctor could never say no to you.

Ryan added, "Don't want to upset your girlfriend now do you, Doctor?"

The Doctor glared between Ryan and you.

With a groan, the alien turned towards the console, "Fine. Two hours." she muttered.

You stepped towards her and kissed her on the cheek, just before she set the location on the console.

-x-

"Boring old present day." the Doctor said, opening the TARDIS doors.

"In case you've forgotten, Doctor..." Ryan started, "We had to fight giant spiders during present day. That wasn't exactly boring, was it?"

"They were only spiders." you said, walking out of the TARDIS.

Ryan gave you a look of disbelief as he stepped out next to you, "GIANT spiders!"

The Doctor laughed, exiting the TARDIS behind you, "Okay, okay. Clock's ticking you two! Remember... Two hours."

You nodded before grabbing the Time Lord's hand. The three of you then headed around a nearby corner and there it was... The giant shopping centre. There would be plenty of places to buy a variety of different gifts here. Including one for the Doctor. Hopefully...

There were countless numbers of people entering and exiting through the giant glass doors, and once there was an opening the three of you entered.

Upon setting foot inside the giant building, you felt a shiver run down your spine. It wasn't necessarily cold... You just fell off.

You decided to ask the Doctor about the feeling, "Doc-"

She squeezed your hand, "Nope. Nothing wrong. Nothing at all." she quickly cut you off before dragging you further into the building.

Looking over your shoulder, you gave Ryan a look of worry. He nodded in understanding. You decided to shake the feeling off.

Afterall... It was only present day. Nothing weird could happen.

-x-

"It's been one hour and you still haven't bought anything." the Doctor said as she looked at the range of clothes alongside one of the walls.

"I can't choose!" you exclaimed.

Ryan nodded, "It's hard to buy for you lot."

"You don't need to get me any-"

"Yes, we do." you quickly cut the Doctor off, "Don't argue. You've done a lot for us so we can at least buy you a present."

A smile appeared on the Doctor's face as she continued looking at the clothes, her hands found their way into her pockets.