Introduction

nexus

ˈnɛksəs/

Noun

a connection or series of connections linking two or more things.

"the nexus between industry and political power"

(Definition Source: google.com)

Author's Note:

Author's Note:

A rewritten version of this story exists on my profile, complete and free! It is called A Cage for Hungry Hearts, and I swear to you it is 1000-times better written. Please, for the love of Vlad, READ THAT ONE! This version is still up for my old readers who enjoyed the original. I love y'all, but fair warning: it might one day come down!

This IS an LGBT+ story with both an Ace-Spec and Bisexual character as the focus. It is incredibly difficult to share something that has fallen out of your imagination with strangers. I wrote this in 2013 and revised it a few times up to my standards back then. Well, my standards have gone way, WAY up and I'm almost embarrassed to share this one with the world, but it's just gathering dust and that won't do. I put a lot of time into it. Maybe someone out there will enjoy it.

I'd also like to point out that I'm a very different person than I used to be. There are bound to be some problematic themes in this. I like to think myself a better, less ignorant person than I was back then, and I apologize if anything I've written here is offensive or misrepresentative in any way.

This book was originally 1 of 2, so there may be a few loose ends that don't get tied up by the ending. For example, this book is formative of a relationship that will eventually turn romantic, but that romance isn't fully established in this novel. However, it's sticking to the romance category, because my test readers were 100% adamant that this is romance and to say otherwise would be misleading.

HERE'S YOUR WARNING

-the main pairing do not get together by the end of the book

-they WILL get together in the rewrite (which is now DONE!)

-the book does not entirely tie up the plot

The rewrite is hard underway, and that version will be much much stronger than the original, and it will have a definitive ending. Many have enjoyed this version anyway, and I have no doubt that there will be a select few who prefer it even after the rewrite.

Warnings:

Sex Stuff

Adult Language

Blood

Dark Themes

Self-harm

Ranks:

Cover Art Credit (A commisioned work, used with permission):

Winston & Domare

---> Source: http://archiaart.tumblr.com/  (18+ blog!)

com/  (18+ blog!)

Copyright Notice:

This is a work of fiction. The characters and events described herein are imaginary and are not intended to refer to specific places or to living persons alive or dead. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods without the prior written permission of the publisher except for brief quotations embodied in critical reviews.

Copyright © 2013-2020 Jessica L. Cohen All rights reserved.