The arrival

One month later ...

"Damn that's gruesome " hopper muttered sipping his bear.

"Agreed"said Arya leaning back on the couch.

The two had gotten to know each other better over the month. They had even started a Saturday night movie night tradition. Tonight it was a horror movie.

They both sipped their drinks trying to ignore the horrors on screen. Arya was now due any day and both were well prepared since a false alarm three days prior.

To say it was comical was an understatement. She was screaming and crying in pain. Hopper was just a panicking mess trying to phone the hospital and find the car keys. At one point he suggested they run on foot instead.

" oh come on that's so fak- OWWW" she screeched clutching her swollen belly in pain. "Hopper i-"

"Oh ,oh shit its happening" he said running to her room to get her bag before helping her in the car.

"Aahhhhh" she cried

"Oh shit" hopper moaned loudly.

Three hours later Arya's baby was born and Freya Hill was brought into the world. She was smaller than average but was otherwise fine.

Arya held the baby ,her baby close to her. Hopper was cooing at her from his chair by Arya's bed.

A knock on the door made them both look up. Joyce, Will and Jonathan Byers were all at the door smiling.
The boys moved next to hopper while Joyce went straight to look at the baby. "She's so cute" she whispered "what's her name".

" Freya" Arya smiled. Joyce had helped Arya prepare for the baby since her chat with hopper.

"And you , how are you after" she asked looking at the teen.

"I'm fine" Arya answered "a bit sore but fine. She's all I need" she said looking down at her newborn daughter."I just can't believe she's mine".

"Best get used to it kid" hopper joked nudging her shoulder lightly.

"Would you like to hold her" arya asked Joyce. Hopper had already gotten to hold the baby several times.

Joyce jumped at the chance , gently rocking the sleeping baby. "This reminds me of when you boys were born" she sighed. "So small yet so loud especially you Jonathan".

*************

Both mother and child were discharged two days later. Arya sat in the backseat next to the baby's car seat. She never noticed that they weren't driving to Hopper's house.

When the car stopped and they got out she realised they were in the woods.

" follow me" hopper explained walking deeper into the woods. He stopped in front of an old wooden cabin and handed her the keys.

She looked at him confused before opening the door. The cabin was large enough for two people.

"So what'd ya think" asked hopper standing in the doorway. " used to be my grandfather's and now..........its your" he finished, smirking at her.

"What" she asked in shock.

"Every child needs a family home" he explained. "And I thought that you two would like this place. I'll be a phone call if you ever need me" he assured. "Plus Jonathan said he would give you a ride to school in the mornings".

" and Freya " she asked

"Joyce said she'd take care of her when your at school" he answered.

Arya was in shock. He had give her and her baby a home and also kept them together. If she had went to foster care Freya would have been taken from her.

Arya ran towards him and engulfed him in a hug. She would be forever greatful to him. "Thank you".
Hopper wrapped his arms gently around her returning her hug.

Freya soon started crying so arya picked her out of her car seat and held her close , gently swaying and calming her.

Hopper looked at her once more before leaving her in her new home. He knew by looking at her with her baby that he had made the right choice a month earlier by giving her a chance.

When hopper left arya went exploring the cabin with Freya still in her arms. It had two bedrooms. One for her and one for Freya when she got older.

When she looked down at her daughter she promised her one thing. She was going to give her her best chance and try her best to be the best mother she could be.

 She was going to give her her best chance and try her best to be the best mother she could be