Family day out

Two days later and Arya was exhausted going from school to work to taking care of her daughter. That's all her life was now. A routine that never seemed to break.

The only new thing was billy hargrove driving her to work since Jonathan was always with Nancy and Joyce couldn't mind Freya so Florence was now the child's babysitter.

Today however was different. She couldn't go to school today since Freya had a doctors appointment to get her shots. As of the baby already knew , she started crying, unable to stop. Leaving arya feel like a bad mother for not being able to comfort her own child.

Jonathan was late again after promising to take her to the hospital. At this rate she wouldn't even make it. Left with no other options since hopper was busy , she called the only other person she could think of.

Billy Hargrove.

Lucky for her he picked up on the third ring.

"Who the fuckin hell is this"

"Billy" arya sighed relieved that he answered the phone.

At the sound of her voice billy perked up to attention. Standing up straighter even though she couldn't see him.

"What can I do for ya baby mama". He could hear crying over the phone. Looking at the time on his watch from the school parking lot he realized that she was later than usual.

"Ya know how you said call if I ever needed a ride. Well today I need one to the hospital. Feel like ditching yo help me"

"On my way sweetheart" billy smirked hanging up and getting in his car and leaving the school far behind him.

************************************

By the time he reached her Freya was all cried out. Red in the face and tired.
She ran to the car as he pulled up and buckled up Freya then herself.

"Lookin good ladies" he smiled his most flirty smile. Only to be ignored for her baby.

"Can you please start driving. We're going to be late. The appointment's in twenty minutes" arya asked fixing her hair in the side mirror.

Billy started driving just like she had asked. Looking sideways at her from the corner of his eyes. She was the one girl in Hawkins that he couldn't seem to have. She didn't fall for any of his tricks like the others. That didn't mean he didn't like her though. Plus he liked her kid too , she was adorable and seemed fascinated with his hair.

"So you or princess sick or something" he asked hoping to start a conversation. "Ya don't look sick".

" oh no. Freya has to get S-H-O-T-S" arya spelled. Looking back at him. "Thank by the way. I know your not a taxi service" she joked.

"Damn straight" billy teased. "By how could I not help the only teen mom in town".

" what was there more in Cali"

"Nah your the first I've met. So why didn't Johnny boy pick you up" he asked.

"Probably Nancy Wheeler" arya sneered.

************************************

They waited in the waiting room together. Freya playing on Billy's lap and arya filling out medical papers. The baby giggled as she pulled Billy's hair with a sharp tug.

"Awwww your baby is so cute. You both must be so proud" an elderly woman cooed.

"Thank you" billy smiled just as arya was about to correct her.

Before she even had a chance they were called into the the doctors office.
Ayra held Freya on her lap as the doctor finished checking her weight and her over all development. She cried at the sight of the needle. Billy stroking her head to help calm her down.

The poor child didn't stop all the way to the car. Leaving both teenagers feeling guilty. Arya near tears herself at the sound.

Billy wondered how he could cheer up the young mother and daughter. Thinking of things to do when it hit him. The fair was in town. Baby's loved fairs right?.

He started the drive no saying a word the whole was as arya struggled to calm down the baby.

She turned to look when she felt the car stop moving. Crowds laughing and music playing from outside. She could see balloons and carts along with kids rides.  People moving from every direction as billy parked.

"Welcome ladies to Hawkins fair. Just the place to cheer up little children" billy offered. Making arya smile.

"Let's go win a toy"

************************************

"Hold it up straighter and relax your shoulder" billy advised the brunette and the dart stand as she tried to hit a target. Himself holding the now happy baby. With a deep breath she threw the dart. Hitting the card and letting out a shout of joy at winning a stuffed animal. Hugging billy and Freya with happiness. Billy blushed as she kissed his cheek.

"Yeah, yeah go get the kid her toy" he said trying to remain macho at the situation. All in all he was having a good day. The best he had in Hawkins so far. They had played games. Atr cotton candy and went on some cheesy rides.

Like a family.

One happy family that he got to be a part of for today. Freya had gotten a total of three new toys. Her favourite being a small lion that billy had won at a fishing game.

"Wanna go get dinner at the diner" arya asked noticing the tired baby he was holding. They had gotten their fair share of appalled looks from others today. Billy glared harshly when he though she wasn't looking.
"Let Freya get some sleep".

" sounds good" he smiled, having a great day. Not even thinking about max.

"Good. I'm cooking"

************************************

Just like last time. They sat in a booth at the counter. Arya having a key to sneak them all in after hours. He helped her cook by chopping the vegetables as she cooked the meat and rice to make a stir fry.

Both teasing the other playfully as they cooked. They laughed together as they ate. Mocking the people of Hawkins that they had met so far.

If it were it would have been the perfect date.