Volume 1 Chapter 5 (Rewrite)

(Onyx's POV)

The nice, cold air breezes through my face as I soar through the sky soon after I got flung off from the cliff. I look at my surroundings for a landing spot before spotting a tall tree in front of me. I unsheathe Raikiri and pull my feet up so that it lands flat on the tree, allowing me to slide down the tree before landing on the ground and sheathing Raikiri.

I then look to the tree and see the damage I have caused to it as I slightly cringe.

Onyx: Sorry tree...

I then start wondering where the heck is north. Suddenly, sounds of wings flapping can be heard approaching me.

Onyx: I didn't think you would follow me. Goldie, Blackie...

I look up and see a black bird and a yellow bird, land on my shoulders.

Onyx: Geez, you flew all this way to follow me? I'm touched.

The two birds cawed in response as I shrug.

Onyx: Alright you two. I gotta dash. Try to keep up!

I pull my mask up, covering my mouth as I start charging lightning throughout my body as a jet-like sound effect can be heard while charging up. Goldie and Blackie fly away from my shoulders and onto a branch on a nearby tree.

 Goldie and Blackie fly away from my shoulders and onto a branch on a nearby tree

Onyx: ("Lightning Dash!")

Using Lightning Dash, I sprint at high speed in the direction that I'm hoping is north, leaving behind a small trail of fire behind.

(scene change and third person POV)

Ozpin is currently watching the students on his Scroll back at the Beacon Cliff when Glynda walks up behind him, holding her own tablet.

Glynda: The last pair has been formed, sir.

Glynda taps the screen to show Ren.

Glynda: Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren.