Chapter 9

/ Diana's pov /

I was nervous as hell as we sat in the car towards his parents house. The house was a 5 minute drive away.

What if his parents didn't like me. I mean his sister liked me and so did her mate but his parents , they made him that is something important.

"Sweetheart , stop being so nervous. I promise they will like you. My mom definitely will. She has a lot in common with you actually" he said with a smile and kissed my hand.
"I just want them to like me" I said and sighed.
"I'm sure they will" he said reassuringly.
I smiled shyly at him as he smiled back at me.

5 minutes later we arrived at a big house. It was almost as big as our house but a little smaller.

Kaiden pulled into the driveway and got out of the car. I stayed seated. My hands trembling.
Not much later the car door on my side was opened and Kaiden was kneeling down besides me. He took my shaking hands in his.
"They will like you" he said sternly. He looked deeply in my eyes while raising his eyebrows a bit as he said it. I nodded nervously and got out. Kaiden got up from the ground and pecked my cheek. I smiled and wrapped my arm tightly around his arm.

Together we walked towards the front door. Kaiden knocked and smiled at me.
After a few seconds the door was opened by an elderly woman. She looked pretty young though. She had piercing green eyes and brown hair that was in a tight low bun.
This was Kaiden's mother.

"Oh honey!" She squealed and pulled Kaiden into a very tight hug. Kaiden laughed a bit.
"M-mom" He said and she quickly let go.
"Oh how impolite of me! Hello dear! I'm Kaiden's mother , but you can call me Kate! You must be Diana. It's so lovely to meet you!" She happily said. Kaiden's mother , Kate , pulled me into a tight hug. I awkwardly hugged her back and smiled shyly.
"It's a pleasure to meet you too , m'am" I said and bowed a bit. That's what omega's were always supposed to do in my old pack.

"Oh honey , no need to bow. You're the Luna not me. Now come inside. I baked chocolate cake! Kaiden's favorite" She said with a smile while walking back inside. Kaiden laid his hand on my lower back and guided me inside. We followed Kate into the dinning room and sat down at a long table. Kaiden sat besides me and placed a hand on my knee assuringly. I smiled at him and laid my hand on his.

Not much later Kate walked back with one hand holding a plate with a chocolate cake on it and the other holding plates and forks and a knife. Kate put the cake on the table and cut all three of us a piece. My mouth watered and I smiled at the cake. I had never had a cake before!

I waited before Kaiden and Kate had taken a bite before I took one myself. Omega's were supposed to be one eating last , if they were allowed to eat.

I took a bite of the cake and moaned because of how delicious it was. This is the best cake ever. I kept on eating until my plate was empty.
"I wouldn't eat any more of that if I were you , you're already fat" a female voice from behind me said. I turned around to find a girl about my age glaring at me.
"Don't bother her, Claire go to your room" Kate said and raised her voice a bit causing my palms to get sweaty. The girl , Claire , hugged and stomped up the stairs.
"That's Kaiden's step-cousin , Claire. She came here with her mom when my brother lost his mate and she was his second chance mate. Claire has always had a thing for Kaiden even though they are sort of related and not mates" Kate explained and I nodded a bit.

Kaiden and Kate finished their cake after me and I didn't even dare to look at the cake after Claire had spoken to me. Was I really fat? I thought I was underweight? Guess not.. I shrugged to myself.

"You guys already started without me?" A deep voice behind me spoke. I turned around to find an older man who looked to be a copy of Kaiden , but older. He must be his father.
"Honey , you're home!" Kate stood up and threw her arms around him. He pecked her lips and smiled. I totally adored them already. After they let go of each other , Kaiden's father walked towards me and extended his hand.
"You're Diana , aren't you?" He asked and I nodded while shaking his hand.
"Well it's an honor to meet you. I'm mark , Kaiden's father" he said and smiled.
"It's nice to meet you too, mark" i said softly and bowed my head in submission.

"Sweetheart , you don't need to bow for them" Kaiden said and I nodded quickly, sad I did something wrong. I looked down at my lap.
Kaiden and his parents started a conversation.

"Who's ready for dinner?" Kate asked while clapping her hands. Kaiden immediately jumped up happily to help his mother. Kate screamed for the whole family to come down and soon the whole table was filled with loads of people who were eating. Mark's brothers and sisters and their kids were there. Kate had made a very delicious dish that I had never heard of before. It looked delicious and I couldn't wait to taste it. That was until I looked up and saw Claire looking at me with a judging face. She mouthed to me 'you're so fat' before starting to eat. I looked down at my plate in disappointment. She was right , I shouldn't eat this much. I took a few bites to not make Kaiden concerned and then told him I was full. He said that I had to eat more since my plate was still almost completely full but I shook my head and told him I was still full from the chocolate cake. Kaiden accepted it eventually and ate further while talking with his family.

After I was introduced to everyone and we had chatted for awhile, Kaiden and I went back home. The ride home we had some small conversations. When we got home Kaiden went to his office to do some business while I went to take a shower. When I had stripped off my clothes I looked at myself in the mirror. I didn't like what I saw , at all. I sighed and went into the shower. When I was for about 5 minutes in the shower my stomach started growling. I ignored it. I had to get less fat.

After I finished showering I got ready for bed and when I walked into our bedroom I saw Kaiden sprawled out on the bed. He was still wearing his clothes and I chuckled. I lack besides him and wrapped my arm around his waist. He immediately , like a reflex , wrapped his arms around my body.

"Did you like my family?" He asked while placing a soft kiss on my temple.
"I did , your mom is really sweet. I-i didn't like that Claire girl though" I said a little unsure.
"Ugh I hate Claire. I mean I'm glad my uncle found a second chance mate and my step aunt is really sweet but Claire is just the devil herself" Kaiden said causing me to chuckle.

"Well , I'm glad you at least enjoyed it!" He said and pecked me lips. He sat up to undress and I whined because of the loss of his feeling.
"I'll be right back sweetheart , you get under the covers already and I'll be there in a few to cuddle" he said and Kissed my forehead. I did what he told me to and got under the covers. I snuggled into them and waited for Kaiden to come back.

My eyes started dropping close from exhaustion when Kaiden came in. He was indeed only five minutes away but I was still really tired. Kaiden got in the bed besides me and cuddled me just like we now did every night. He gave me a few sweet kisses before closing his eyes. I closed mine too and soon fell asleep in content with my mate besides me and thinking back to the delicious chocolate cake i ate this afternoon. It made me wander off into a great world with a very happy dream...

/ the next morning /

I woke up by the smell of eggs , sausages and some more delicious stuff. I rubbed my eyes. I felt my stomach growl. Soon Kaiden walked in with a plate full of nice food. He handed me the plate and planted a kiss on my forehead.
"Good morning sweetheart" he said and sat besides me. I smiled and started eating, not thinking about my plan to lose weight anymore.

"Thank you Kaiden for this delicious food!" I said after I finished it and kissed his cheek.
"Anything for my queen" he said and kissed my nose. I giggled and pushed his shoulder playfully. Suddenly Kaiden started tickling me. I screamed and started laughing.
"K-k-Kaiden .., s-stop!" I yelled while laughing. Kaiden was laughing too. When he finally stopped he planted a longing and sweet kiss on my lips.

"Thank you for being my amazing mate" he said before planting his lips on mine once again.

***
A/N: hi everyone! I know this is short but since it's my birthday today I really wanted to post! Hope you all still like it :)

I turned 15 btw lol