Winter Cold || Results

After a very long month of anticipation, here is the winner! First, we will explain how Vee and I (Jane) judged the books.

0/10 Grammar and punctuation - How good is your grammar? Do you know where to put dots and commas? Is the dialogue written correctly?

0/10 Spelling and vocabulary - Do you have many typos? Do you use the same words over and over, or do you use a large array of different words that make the story seem all the more real?

0/05 Creativity - Is the story a very common one, or is it as good as new?

0/10 Time and realism - Is the timeframe correct? Does it suddenly jump from night to day in the same paragraph? Are the things realistic - as far as possible when dealing with vampires - such as characters never using the bathroom, or not needing food/drink/blood.

0/05 How much it follows the prompt - How close it is to the prompt.

0/10 Characters and background - How much do you show of the character, and have you figured out their background? Do the side characters have personality too, and do you show it?

Now, as to the winners.

In the third place is MeredithAll, with 65/100 points!

In the second place is Krystal-44, with 66/100 points!

And, in the first place, is Kitiara_Black, with 76/100 points! Breakdown:

(Vee's counting)

4/10 Grammar and punctuation

3/10 Spelling and vocabulary

5/5 Creativity

10/10 Time and realism

5/5 How much it follows the prompt

10/10 Character and background

Overall: 37/50

(Jane's counting)

4/10 Grammar and punctuation

5/10 Spelling and vocabulary

5/5 Creativity

10/10 Time and realism

5/5 How much it follows the prompt

10/10 Character and background

Overall: 39/50

Together: 76/100

Despite your issues with grammar, punctuation, and spelling, the story is closest to the prompt, which earned you a few extra points. The background and character are the most detailed of all entries, and the story is not like something we commonly see. The story is also as realistic as vampires can get, too. That poor girl that Roland danced with... At least he makes up for it by adopting a stray dog.

Thank you for participating, and your patience, everyone! A new contest will come on January 7th!