00

PROLOGUE

Blinking my eyes twice, I managed to snap out of my thoughts, and when that happened, tears started to race down my cheeks. Everything was going too fast, and realizing that fact, my heart broke down into million pieces that I couldn't even handle the agonizing pain I am feeling as of the moment.

The shattering of my heart could be heard if it were a piece of glass yet it was endulged in silence that no one could hear aside from me. It was tearing apart, and the sad part was, I am the only one knowing about it. The pain that I felt was as if digging down to my heart, twisting it while a hammer was slammed against my chest but couldn't be ripped apart, and continued to smash against. I couldn't breathe at all— it was extremely hurting me.

Why? What happened? The sight was impossible— How? We were happy, in harmony, and in peace, but why did this happen all of a sudden?

I want to...I want to go back to the time where I could change myself. However, that would be too impossible. Why does regret have to be realized at the end of our life? When we're at the peak of death awaiting us. I want to save myself and everyone, but how come it's overturned? It turned out to be horrible.

"Nefi—" A man's voice cracked, echoed throughout the area, and with my tembling body, I looked up to see Azir walking towards me with wounds and blood all over his body.

"Azir..." I whispered, tears continue to flow as he dropped on his knees, and palms covering over his wound.

I took a glimpse at his entire body, lips trembled in terror at the thought of what could've happened outside the cave I am staying. Everyone was out there, fighting for their lives to protect each other, and their own lives. While here I am, just staying inside the cave as they won't even allow me to fight alongside them.

"What happened to you? What happened to everyone?" I asked, biting my lips.

"I failed to protect you. I failed to protect everyone." He whimpered, eyes losing hopes as he looked up at me. He was obviously not answering me.

"It'll be alright, Azir." I whispered, kneeling as my hands travelled towards his bloody cheeks. "You did well already."

He flinched and winced for a while before he pressed his cheeks against my palms. He pulled away, and looked at me straight in the eyes. "This is leaving me no choice."

I stared at him, baffled while my tears continue streaming down my ashen cheeks, and eyebrows furrowed, lips tightly sealed. "What do you mean?"

"He..." He mumbled before kneeling properly in front of me, and grabbing both of my hands. "He taught me something."

I sniffled. "Who..?"

"But this could be a chance." His chin trembled, tears never stop forming and leaking down.