01

CHAPTER ONE

150 goal votes before update?

YEAR 1530 - FRANCE

What is happening? Why do I feel like my whole body is on fire, throat feeling dry, and head throbbing in pain? My chest rose up and down, raging breaths could be heard through my mouth as my nose flares with burning sensation. I could feel liquids rushing down the side of my head, and body feeling like on fire along with my muscles aching. Chills shot down to my spine, dizziness consumed me, and feeling weak all over my body.

"Something is happening to her!" A panicked, unfamiliar voice resonated my ears making me flinched, hurting my ears. I tried to open my mouth but to no avail, I couldn't. Everything was dark yet my ears are open to the sounds of voices and sounds of the background.

"My dear, please be calm." Another unfamiliar voice echoed again. It was a voice of a man with deep, husky one that I couldn't comprehend the emotions flowing it. He seemed nonchalant about the situation yet the other has panic arising.

"Please let her be okay."

A soft cry entered my ears making me wonder who is crying as of the moment. It feels that I could feel the sadness in those cries, pleading, and begging for someone causing my heart to twist. Are those words directing towards me?

"She's stable as of the moment now." Another voice said, not the woman's voice nor the man from earlier. This time, it was different.

"Okay, you can go now." The man directed the other who seemed to be the doctor.

The doctor answered with a small voice before a creak of the door is heard, and the woman's cry is still clear and evident while the man is comforting her.

"We should send her soon." The man said in a more like a heartless tone, speaking without any emotions nor care for someone. A total opposite to the female that I heard a while ago.

"How can we dare to send her at this state?" The woman's cry was more clear, sobbing softly.

"My dear," The man sighed. "As soon as she's fine, we should send her soon. I fear that her health will deteriorate if she stays here."

A moment of silence filled the room before another heavy sigh was heard.

"Maybe we should but not now." The female voice replied back but with more tenderness and gentleness in her voice.