05

CHAPTER FIVE

goal vote: 150 votes

Five days passed, I couldn't do anything again but just sit on my bed, leaning against the headboard while looking outside through the window. My health is not well, that's so obvious, and I've never even experience this kind of pain where it's just your own body who is against you. In my real body, I've been healthy as heck that I could fight ten people at once yet how is it that this body is so weak, and slow as a sloth. 

Laying down isn't exactly boring since I feel like I wasn't the only one in this massive bedroom. Why so? It's because passed through the window, I could see the little kid reading a book under the tree. I smiled weakly, and all I could do was watch him from a far as he flipped through those pages, eyes firmly focusing on the book and not caring about his surroundings. His small figure feels like a hundred thousand zoom in my view.

Ever since I decided to tease him that day with the banana, I fell sick all of a sudden. Elfido left me, and I collapsed on the floor with the maids finding me a few hours later. Hence because of me staying outdoors for too long, under the cold weather, my health deteriorated even more.

Pressing my palms on the bed, I tried to help myself up and uncover myself with the blanket before standing up from the bed. I patted my white night dress, and walked towards the door.

I don't want to stay here. I mentally thought, opening the door, and gladly, the maids were out to greet the envoys from another country that I don't know of. This made it easy for me to escape since no one's guarding my door. 

A smile appeared on my lips, and tried my best to walk out of the room, and passed through the hallways all the way to the palace door, leading to the garden where the little kid is. Peeking above, I saw him who stayed still and smiled. A certain white feather caught my eyes, grabbing it before jogging towards him.  I became baffled because I know that he noticed me already, but why is he ignoring me?

"Hey!" I patted his head with my small hands, but he didn't even budge a single part of his body and continue to read his book.

Squatting down, I took a glimpse at what he is reading which made his attention so fixed that he didn't even spare me a glance.

"What are you reading?" I asked him, waiting for him to answer. But there was none. He stayed silent, unbothered by my presence.

Hey little kid, I want to be friends with you. I internally screamed but I just groaned, staring at him in utter disappointment.

"Little kid," I called him once again but he didn't look at me, and continue reading the book as he flipped another page. "What's with your attitude?"

He wouldn't even give me a little attention making me huff before reaching for the feather that I saw a while back, and bringing it close to his ears. Grinning widely, I tickled him making him release a small squeal.