Part Six

3RD Person POV:

When everyone got home, they saw Deceit standing there. "W-what are YOU doing here?" Virgil asked. Everyone else nodded in agreement besides Logan. "Well..I just wanted to know if you were okay," he said, about to put his hand on Virgil's shoulder, but Roman slapped it away. "Liar," he stated, glaring at Deceit.

"I'm not lying this time," Deceit said. No one knew if he was telling the truth. "I swear." Virgil sighed. "What is it?" Deceit smiled. "I was trying to help you, you know," he said. Some raised eyebrows, some scoffed, but Logan nodded. "That does make sense," he said, adjusting his glasses. "What?!" Roman yelled. "How?"

"Well if you think about it, Virgil. You heard...'voices' in your head, correct?" Virgil nodded. "Well, some of them could have been your depression, but maybe others were Deceit lying and looking after you," Logan stated. "Explain," Thomas said, clearly not convinced. Logan sighed. "For example, say your depression created a thought in your head, saying; 'You're worthless.'Then, Deceit would say, 'They don't need you,' when he was lying, meaning, 'No, they need you.'"

Everyone was quiet. "Deceit, is this true?" Patton asked. Deceit grinned, "Yes." Virgil's eyes went wide. "What do you have to say to me, Virgil?" Deceit smiled. Virgil sighed. "ThankyouandI'msorryforjudgingyou" He said. "That was the best apology I've ever received," Deceit said. "Aaaaand he's back to his ol' slimy self," Roman said.

"Wait...if Virgil's depression was talking to him...who is his depression?" Thomas questioned. All of a sudden, a guy appeared with a black suit that you would wear at a meeting or something, and gloves with spider web prints. "Me..." he said, evilly laughing. "That is MY laugh!" Deceit said angrily. Everyone got a twinge of sadness with Depression in place. "I...never knew I had depression," Thomas said worried. "Oh, Thomas. I'm not your depression, I'm Virgil's depression. Your main facets Creativity, Logic, Morality, Anxiety, and now Deceit all have separate facets of their own," he said grinning evilly.

Virgil definitely grew more anxious on the others, especially himself. "Were you the voices...trying to get me to-" Depression cut him off. "Of course I was! Who else would be? Gosh, you really are dumb, Virgil." Virgil put his hood on. "Hey! That is NOT true or nice!" Patton yelled. He was going to say something else when Depression made Patton cover his mouth, then sent him to his room.

Logan pushed his glasses up with his middle finger. "Don't do that-" Logan's mouth was also covered and he was sent to his room also. "Stop!" Deceit yelled. For once, he really wasn't lying constantly. Depression sunk him down, probably to his room too. All of a sudden, Virgil and Depression were sent to the mind palace, leaving Roman and Thomas behind.

"Oh Virgil. You're a disgrace. Honestly, they don't care about you! Hell, they'd leave you cutting. But no. You just have to be apart of somebody else," Depression said, circling around Virgil. Virgil's eyes watered. These words affected him... badly.

Virgil's POV:

I tried to hold back my tears. "T-that's not...true," I said. "Tsk tsk tsk. Even you have heard it so much, you don't believe anything you say against it," he said, still circling me.

I wish Patton was here to tell Depression off. I wish Logan was here to back Patton up. I wish..I wish Roman was here to comfort me and tell me it's okay and...

"They arn't coming to your side. Get that in your tiny brain. They don't like you! They never had, and never will. Roman especially! I mean, when you had shown up in the beginning, he'd say, 'Ugh, can't stand that guy!' or 'I do not like you.' And-"

"Maybe in the beginning. Maybe. But now, Virgil is apart of us," Patton said. Depression stopped circling and stared. "He may concern Thomas about things, but rational and logical things," Logan said, adjusting his glasses. "But then he..eases up and let's Thomas do the things he enjoys! The things he loves. Virgil is not a disgrace. He means something. Always has...and always will," Roman said. They left Depression speechless.

I smiled, probably the biggest I ever did. Roman ran up to me and hugged me. Logan and Patton smiled. I mouthed to them, 'Thank you.' They sank down, and so did Depression, clearly defeated.

Roman sank us down to the kitchen, where no one else was. I sighed and jumped on the counter sitting down. Roman went up to me and took my hands. "Are your nails painted black?" he asked. "No, I burned them when I was cooking," I said rolling my eyes. Roman smiled. "Glad to have you back, Virge," he said. I grinned.

"So," I started, crossing my legs. "What is it you wanted to talk me about," I asked, tilting my head. Roman rolled his eyes. He put one hand on my thigh and the other on the counter and pulled me into a kiss. I was shocked at first, but then I put one hand through his hair.

We pulled away for air. "Virgil..." Roman said. "Do you want to...be my, um..." he stuttered. I rolled my eyes. "Boyfriend?" I said. "Yeah..that," he blushed. "Of course."

"But I still hate you," I winked.
"Love you too, Virge."

EEEH! I ship it so hard. Sorry I haven't been updating lately. It's the holidays. I hope you all understand!
~Mackenzie🥪
Word Count: 926