chapter four

"Start walking away and I won't shoot you," The man with the gun called over and started walking towards him. Peter froze but when the man pointed his gun at him, Peter started quickly walking away. The man followed Peter and caught up to him, nudging his gun at Peter's side. "Turn into that alleyway." Peter was instructed, and Peter turned. 'Oh my god I'm going to die.' Peter thought. 'I'm going to die because I didn't want to reveal my identity to a bad guy'. Peter turned into the alleyway, and perked up at the sounds of sirens. "Hurry up!" The man growled and shoved Peter farther back. He ordered Peter to sit on a crate and Peter did as he was told. 'Should I try sneak texting someone? But who? Ned? Aunt May? Mr Stark...?'
"W-What do you want from me?" Peter asked and looked up at the man.
"Why should I tell you?" The man snarled. He bent down so his face was in Peter's, and Peter winced at his breath. "Do ya think they'd hear me if I shot you?" He stood back up. "Probably. Maybe I'll just bring you to my boss and cut you up and then leave you bleeding out on the street. Or... How old are you?" He seemed to have a new idea as he looked down at Peter, who was fidgeting.
"Why should I tell you?" Peter replied mockingly, venom laced in his voice.
"You're real funny," the man growled sarcastically. Then the sirens got louder. They were at the park.
"Not long until they find you," Peter told him daringly. The man grabbed Peter's collar and pulled him upright.
"One more word out of you and I'll stab ya." Peter shut his mouth and bit his lip as he looked down the alleyway. He could see the red and blue lights of the police cars reflecting off puddles of dark water as he sat silently. The man moved his hand from Peter's shirt collar to his neck, and pinned him against the brick wall. "Listen here kid. When we walk out there, we're father and son. Got it?" He slipped his gun into his coat. Peter simply nodded, shaking with real fear. 'He's going to get away with this, and he's going to take me somewhere...' He shivered from the cold, not having a jacket. The man put his arm around Peter's shoulder and they walked into the street, walking down the busy sidewalk. They walked past the park -to Peter's dismay- and through a neighborhood Peter didn't recognize. The man ushered him down another damp alleyway, and Peter shifted uncomfortably as the man sat on a crate. He took out his phone and started to text someone. While the man was distracted, Peter shifted his backpack on his lap and pulled out his phone. 'Now's my chance.' He made it look like he was resting his forehead on his backpack, but he was really texting people frantically.

'Help, this guy just tried to mug me and now I'm stuck in an alley with him' he texted Aunt May first.

'Geett bacsk hwre yhou worthkess puece od crdp'' She texted back, clearly drunk. He texted the same message to Ned, but he didn't answer. 'He's probably sleeping uh oh...' He wasn't sure who to text next. 'Mr Stark probably won't even answer anyways. I'll just be bothering him. Don't do it.' But the message was already typed, and while Peter was debating whether to send it, the man growled and Peter jumped in surprise, his fingers sliding and the message sending. He quickly turned off his phone and slid it into his pocket, looking up at the man. His heart was beating so loudly in his ears that he thought it would wake up everyone in the area.
"My boss is coming," the man stated. Peter took shaky breaths, trying to calm himself from the panic that was rising in him. 'I can't believe I accidentally sent that, I'm Spider-Man. He'll probably think it's a joke anyways. It's fine. This is so embarrassing. I could've defeated this guy so easily. But my identity... I can't risk it. I'll have to find a way to escape. I need to dismiss that last message and fast.' Peter looked back down at his bag and opened his phone again.

'Ned stole my phone haha everything's fine! I tried to stop him from sending it but it was too late, anyways you can just ignore this, sorry Mr Stark!' He quickly typed before the man grabbed his phone from his hands. He let out a soft "Hey!" and jumped up to retrieve his phone, but quickly stopped his efforts when the man glared at him. The man read the message out loud and looked down to Peter.
"Who's 'Mr Stark'?" He asked, obviously thinking it was some random guy with the last name Stark. Why would some random high school kid have Tony Stark's number? It was kind of unbelievable. Peter didn't blame Flash.
"No one," Peter said quietly, which was the biggest lie he'd ever told. The man eyed Peter before clicking send. Peter sighed in relief.
"Why'd you ask for help, but then change your mind?" The man asked, honestly curious. Peter shrugged.
"I didn't want to be a burden to him I guess. He's probably really busy anyways." Peter replied, looking down at his fidgeting fingers. The man just shrugged and tossed the phone back at Peter.
"You're not allowed on your phone. If I catch you on it, you're dead."
"It's almost dead anyways," Peter replied, losing hope for his escape. 'It doesn't matter if I lie or not anymore. There's no hope left.'

Then the Boss came. He turned the corner and leaned against the dented brick wall. He crossed his arms and eyed Peter.
"Hello, Two." The Boss greeted the man with the gun. 'The man's name is... is 'Two'?' Peter's eyes widened a bit. The man, apparently 'Two', nodded at the boss in greeting.
"This one's a fighter, I thought he was fit for your little... project."
"Ah, I see," the Boss nodded in surprise. Maybe he was surprised because Peter looked so young. Peter didn't know, but frankly, he didn't care. He just wanted to get out of there. "So, what's your name?" The Boss moved from the wall to crouch down and look at Peter, who was still sitting, as if he were a little kid.
"What do you want from me?" Peter spat, sick of this. He knew he was in danger and was going to escape, even if it meant risking his identity. He knew he could overtake them easily, but they mentioned a 'project', and Peter wanted to get to the bottom of it. If they were hurting people, Peter wanted to know.
"Well kid, you know HYDRA? This is kind of like that. But we're not that cruel." He ruffled Peter's hair, which made him flinch. Peter was confused. 'Wait a second... HYDRA had code names, like how Mr Barnes was The Winter Solider... So Two... Their names are numbers...? That may just be a coincidence though... I need to know more.' "Anyways, I see what you mean. It's better if we get them young anyways, so they'll be more experienced when they're older." The Boss spoke.
"Should we bring him to the lab?" Two asked. The Boss nodded and Two grabbed Peter's right arm, his fingers tightly curling around him.

And then Peter was being dragged into a filthy, abandoned, motel. He was dragged into a room and then sat down on a stained and ripped sofa. He was getting tired of being thrown around. Peter gripped his backpack, which they hadn't yet taken away. 'If I reveal my strength they might want me even more for their little experiment...' he realized, 'then my escape better be successful. If it's not, they'll realize my abilities.' He looked over at the small clock in the room.

9:45 PM

It had been a little over an hour since he had met Aunt May in the apartment. Not that she was worrying about him, though. This all felt like it was happening so quickly, but an hour had already passed? He glanced warily at the gun in Two's hand, and the dagger poking out of the Boss' pocket. He shivered. He probably wasn't going to make it out of here without a scratch. 'What choice do I have? If I don't leave now, who knows what'll happen?' He sighed. It was time to get out of here.
Peter quickly aimed and shot his web, sticking the Boss' hands together. Two looked up quickly and aimed his gun at Peter's legs, probably not wanting to kill him because they wanted to recruit him. Peter turned and ran out, but not before Two pulled the trigger a few times and a bullet dug into his leg. He yelled out in pain and bolted out. Yells echoed from behind him as he ran. He was pretty fast, even if he was tired, hungry, and now had a bullet in his leg. He felt extremely lightheaded due to the combination, and he knew he was going to pass out soon. His legs burned as he ran faster than he ever had in his life. Peter didn't know where he was going as he turned and turned down corners. He could barely feel the pain in his leg as adrenaline fueled his strength.

     Due to him running so quickly, it only took a few minutes for him to find his apartment again. He reached his apartment and quietly crept in. He quickly limped to his room and took off his thin jacket, and tightly wrapped it around his leg where blood was streaking down his leg. He sighed and curled up on his bed, ignoring his ringing phone.
     Peter didn't know it was Tony calling. He also didn't know that Ned had seen his message and frantically texted Tony.

-author's note-
sorry if you feel like I'm throwing a bunch of things at you, I just wanted the plot to be consistently interesting 😅 I'll try to not have an overloading amount of drama but as long as I can control it well it'll be good right? heh right..?

omg I replied to comments in the last few chapters but it didn't show up so sorry if I didn't reply but THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS 💞💓💗❣️💖💕💘💕💖💗💓💓❣️💓💖💓💖💞❣️💝💜💞💗💞💜💞💗💜💘💕💞✝️💖💓💖💗❣️💕

Please tell me if you're enjoying the story so far by voting and commenting! I really appreciate the feedback! :D <3