chapter sixteen

⚠️ trigger warning; (slight) torture

When Peter gained consciousness, he was extremely disoriented. His head shot up in alarm the moment he registered what had happened. He was bound to a chair, and his neck was aching. He guessed that his head had been uncomfortably hanging to the side while he was unconscious. Almost immediately, he noticed that they had taken his suit away, and dressed him in baggy grey sweatpants and a plain white shirt that was too big for him. 'At least it's clean,' he thought with a grimace, testing how tightly constrained he was. To no surprise, he struggled in moving his tied arms.

He found that the room was quite bare, only decorated with a white table and the chair he was sitting on. The room was a dull white, except for an accent wall on his right. It was a faded baby blue, and stretched onto it there was a horizontal mirror. He could safely assume it was a one-way mirror.

Peter stared at the room for a while, collecting the small details while sitting in the silence. At one point he had looked in the mirror to stare at his reflection, but he looked away after seeing his pale, scared face. He flinched at the unexpected noise of the door opening and watched as Two strolled in.
     "Hey kid," Two smiled, though it held no emotion. Peter just glared back at him, feeling uncomfortable without his mask to hide him.
Two dropped a folder onto the table, and the documents shifted, making them visible. Peter craned his head to see, and he realized that he was staring at a picture of himself. It was his school picture, which he inwardly cringed at. He looked below his picture, finding a short description of his physical features.

Two cleared his throat, making Peter look up at him and lean back in his chair, trying his best to intimidate Two. Though, it was difficult when you were a baby-faced teenager strapped to a chair.

     "So, you're probably wondering why you're here," Two began, forcing Peter to use every fiber in his body to not roll his eyes. "Essentially, we've decided that there's no point in waiting to begin your training."
     "I will never train with your program," Peter hissed, clenching his fists.
     "Perhaps not willingly," Two negotiated. "Well, never mind that! I'm here to interrogate you."
     'You're not doing a very good job,' Peter thought as Two pulled out the chair across from him and sat down. He smoothed his blazer and cleared his throat again. He tapped Peter's files on the table to straighten them and opened the folder.
     "Is your name Peter Benjamin Parker?"
     Peter refused to speak. Two sighed and retrieved a small device from his pocket.
     "We've installed a chip into your neck that shocks you when you're lying or not cooperating. Now, I wasn't planning on using it, but I might need to."
     Peter's eyes widened in alarm and he instinctively tried to press himself back in his chair, wanting to shrink away from this situation.
"So I ask again, is your name Peter Benjamin Parker?"
"...Yes," Peter said in a small voice. 'It's okay, just relax. Lie detectors aren't real.'
     "Are you fifteen years old?"
"Yes," he swallowed. They're not real. They pick up on stress reactions.'
"Are you living with an abusive aunt?"
Oh no. Peter bit his lip. A part of him didn't know the answer. "N-No?"
Shock.
Peter cried out as a burning pain shot through his neck and he instinctively tried ripping his tied hand away from the armrest of the chair. It was a terrible, numbing pain.
He guessed that he'd been shocked because of his hesitation. Because May wasn't abusive, right? Sure she was harsh, and... Then he began thinking of everything she'd done to him, and he started to question if she actually was.

"Are you the secret vigilante known as 'Spider-Man?" Two asked sharply, probably noticing Peter's attention had shifted.
"Oh-... Yes." Peter shook away his thoughts of May. He needed to focus on the task at hand: getting out of there.
"Have you told anyone about us?"
Oh. Oh.
"No," Peter breathed.
Shock.
Peter cried out again, the horrible shock extremely more painful. It was the most painful thing he'd ever endured. A tear escaped his eyes and he cursed, wiping his face furiously on his shoulder. The more he lied, the more painful the shocks were getting.
"Who have you told, Peter?" Two tilted his head ever-so-slightly, smirking. Peter swallowed his pure rage, trying not to show weakness. He knew Two was toying with him. He knew that Ned knew.
     "I can't- Ngh!" Numbing pain seared through his body and his breathing became more labored as he tried to even his racing heartbeat. "Make it stop," he begged in a humiliating whimper, his eyes and cheeks burning with tears. "Please..."
     "As fun as this is, I don't have all the time in the world. I should get going now, bye Peter."

And with that, he left.

author's note:

⚠️ PSA: please stop spamming the comments :( i understand comment chains but please don't send one letter in each message because it fills my notifications and i can't see what other people are saying because there's so many.

okay, now,
hey guys! i feel terrible because i keep posting really late and then making what seems like empty apologies but i really do feel bad ❤️