Chapter 5 LATE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!

This is cannon ! I'm so sorryy! I was busy on Christmas and yesterday was my birthday so I didn't have much time! I'll be sure to finish this book in about a week.

August 2019: hoooollllyyyyy crap this was so long ago :0

Neil POV 💛💛

God.. what did I do?

I paced my room nervously, thinking about all the possible outcomes. What if my dad barges in my room and makes a gay joke? What if I stutter to hard? What if he thinks this is lame? God I'm such a loser.

"Neilll! Your buddy is here!" I heard my dad holler from downstairs. I'm still pissed at him, so I didn't answer. Instead, I stomped out my nervousness, which didn't work, and made my way down the hall to the front door. Here goes..

"Hi max." I said with the most casual voice I could muster up. "Sup Neil." He responded, walking past me.

This is going horrible.

"So, what did you get for Nikki? A football?" He said rhetorically, letting pit a snicker. I rolled my eyes and followed him into my room. "yeah yeah.. knowing Nikki, I got her this." I said, opening my dresser to reveal Nikki's stash.

"God dam.." he muttered under his breath. I chuckled. "Yep. Bullshit, right? Didn't want her to be unsatisfied and beat me with a golf club, again."

He laughed. "That was fucking hilarious, you gotta admit."

I sat down Indian style with the mountain of objects in front of us. Max tossed a roll of wrapping paper and tape, and we got to work.

"You got her knife? That's just one more thing she can attack you with if this doesn't work out, you know that, right?" He asked sarcastically, taping the edges of the box. "I'll give it to her if she doesn't completely lose her shit."

Suddenly, all my nerves came flooding back to me. Shit.

"I think Nikki fucked Ered." Max said blankly.

Fuck, he brought up love intersects. "R-really? She's always..she- she always seemed into Ered sense camp." Is it even normal for a person to stutter that much?

"You seem surprised. I saw it coming from a mile away to be honest." He said, reaching in for another present.

"Y-yeah..I guess so." I put some tape to hold up the edges of the wrapping paper.

"We're did you even find enough money for all this shit anyway?" Good. He switched the topic.

"My mom, she gave it to me before I moved back here at the end of summer." I replied. I missed her a lot, my dad didn't have any fucking right to take me.

"Damn.. yeah this summer was fucking crazy, you usually help bring it down a bit. Nikki almost got me stabbed." He paused, ripping off more wrapping paper. "Why'd you move at the beginning of summer anyway?" He asked, glancing at me.

"Oh, I had to move back to figure out who I was going to live with.. And, I'm here now. He didn't even ask for my consent.." I said, venting a bit.

"That sucks." he said slightly apologetically. "My parents, they fight all the fucking time. Sometimes I wish they would just divorce already."

Did he.. did he just open up to me? Max venting? "That blows. S-sorry to hear that dude." I wish I could give more advice, but it would look weird.

"Uh huh. Anyway, we're almost finished. We should invite her over in a few minutes, it being Christmas Eve and all." I nodded, standing up and looking for a place to hide these.

"I'll put them in my closet." I said, scooping about five up and dropping them inside the closet. Max mimicked me and walked over to me, dropping them in the same spot.

"Kay. I'll call her." He said simply, walking over and sitting on my bed. I sat beside him.