Chapter 8

[To: Harry ]

Heyyy

[To: Harry ]

Pls don't ignore me

[To: Harry ]

Cmonnnn

[To: Harry ]

Fine I guess ill just go cry then !!

Louis sighed heavily as he stared at the texts, nervously biting his bottom lip. He didn't know much about guys and relationships nor love in general. Having been practically single his whole life, he didn't have experience. He's been so in love with Harry that he didn't have a chance to really go out and experience anything. And he really hated that.

But at the same time, it was quite pure, was it not? So he tried not to worry too much. He just wished he had more experience so he'd stop screwing up with Harry. Clearly he's been doing everything wrong and he couldn't go around asking people for help, because then they'd snoop and wonder who he's trying to get with.

And it's not like he can say 'oh, its Harry fucking Styles' because Harry's a guy. Louis isn't ready for all of that, so he would much rather be his pathetic, shameful self and hide his gayness from the world. Even if he should be more confident. It's 2018, it's not like most of the world is homophobic. Where he lives, he's sure more people are open minded, but he's still quite insecure.

"Texting your one night stand?"

Louis jumped, heart dropping when he saw Niall staring at him with this curious expression on his face. He hesitated, running his fingers through his hair while trying to hide his phone. "W—What are you talking about?"

Don't play dumb, buddy. I know you guys hooked up," Niall rolled his eyes. "Stop being a pussy and just admit it."

A lump formed in the back of Louis' throat and he should just say. Just fucking say it, Louis' mind kept telling him. But for some reason, he struggled to even form the words.

"I don't know why you think that," he choked out, shaking his head. "You're delusional."

He shoved passed the boy, head hung low as he headed inside the school building. It was too early to be contemplating coming out. He's tired and just wanted to see Harry so he could form some type of smile on his face, even if the boy was stubborn as fuck and refused to accept Louis' sincere apology.

Much to his dismay, Niall grabbed his arm and turned him around. He tried tugging away, but Niall was determined as he asked, "Are you gay? Or do you like guys...? Just be honest, mate."

"I—" Louis took a shaky breath, trying to avoid his eyes but he timidly nodded. "M—Maybe. A little."

Niall stared at him curiously.

"Or, a lot," he admitted, choked up. "Like, totally homo here."

Niall snorted, a small smile tugging on his lips. He then smacked the boy's arm, shaking his head, "Mate, why didn't you just tell me? It's not like you haven't seen me defending gay people. You could have told me."

Louis glanced down in shame, "I...I mean, yeah, but people do that and they still – they still don't want gay friends. It's hard to trust anyone, I guess."

It was quiet as Niall looked at him with sympathy. The halls were filling up and Louis felt awkward, not sure what to say right now. He didn't expect his first official 'coming out' to be in his school hallway early in the morning. Not to mention, having it be his friend basically forcing it out of him. He appreciated that Niall was there for him, but it was just not his ideal 'coming out'.