Chapter 4

Chemistry class was always Louis' least favorite class. But not anymore. 

It's the class he has the worst grade in, besides History. He was terrible at both of them and the content never made sense to him. He had no desire to learn either of the subjects and they felt useless to him. Why does he need to know about wars? Why does he need to know the elements? It wasn't necessary to him. However, what both of those classes have in common is that they have a wonderful human being named Harry Styles. 

 So, while he was never paying attention to the board, he was always having his eyes on Mr. Harry Styles. Of course, he knew that they were a bit tense. At least, he assumed they were due to him ignoring how rude his friends were to him. But, Harry did follow him on Instagram, so he figured they were alright. 

It seemed like he really wasn't paying attention, because suddenly there were papers being handed out and he turned his gaze from Harry to the piece of paper in front of him. He furrowed his eyebrows as he saw the words 'project' on the top and moaned in annoyance. It was project season apparently because he was constantly getting them. 

Liam nudged him, asking, "Partners?" 

"Sure, why the hell not?" Louis snorted, writing his name on Liam's paper. "I'm surprised you wanna be considering last time." 

Liam shrugged and put the paper in his binder. "I don't care. You let me do everything, so at least I know I'm gonna pass. Sometimes that annoys me, but in the end, I need a good grade and can only rely on myself for that." 

"Fair enough," Louis nodded, seeing his point. 

While everyone was choosing their partners, Louis got up to sharpen his pencil and maybe check out Harry. He had to get a nice look at his face for the day. Louis had to sit with his buddies at lunch, so he wasn't gonna get his daily dose of Harry during that time. Plus, he's positive Harry wouldn't want him to sit with them. 

Surprisingly enough, Harry smiled when Louis walked to the front of the class. Louis was taken back, but smiled in return as he sharpened his pencil. He didn't expect this reaction at all. Harry waved him over and Louis thought he was in some crazy dream. He approached the boy and tried not to faint. 

"Hey," Harry grinned sheepishly, playing with the ends of his hair. "Do you maybe wanna be like, partners?" 

Louis' eyebrows shot up in surprise. "P—Partners?" 

 "For the project," Harry nodded down to the paper. 

"I um," he hesitated, glancing toward where Liam was writing down some notes. 

Harry noticed his hesitation and frowned, awkwardly scratching his neck. "Never mind, I shouldn't have asked."

 "No," Louis said hastily. "I mean yes! I wanna be partners. Sure." 

Harry lifted his head up, eyes meeting his as they sparkled with joy. "Awesome! Here, you—you can put your number in, so we can meet up after school to work on the project." 

"Great," Louis said and took his phone, trying to control his rapid heart beating. 

They both exchanged numbers and then Louis joined Liam, ignoring the boy's confused expression. He went onto his phone, smiling at the number that was Harry's. Harry put his name in with a cat emoji, which was adorable in the strangest ways. Harry was always such a dork, but Louis found it endearing. 

He didn't know what the fuck he was going to do, though. Because now he had Liam as a partner and Harry, which will not work. Louis can't do two projects, he can barely even do one. Not to mention, Mr. Fredrickson wouldn't allow it. It clearly says only two people per project and Louis was sure that also meant one project per person. But, Louis wasn't one to overthink things.