1

Tomura stared at the blank canvas in front of him, desperately waiting for an idea to pop into his aching head. He hated having creative blocks like this, it made him feel useless. He sat there, alone in the studio for a few more long, silent minutes until he finally gave up and started to pack up. He reached up and scratched his neck in defeat, feeling the sting of the raw skin and sighing. 

          Creating art was the only thing Tomura knew of that could make him feel alright. When he couldn't carry through with his work he would simply sulk back to his dorm and hole up for a few days until he got his creativity back again. It wasn't healthy, Tomura knew that, but he didn't really care. 

          As he was pulling off the gloves he wore to protect his artwork from his destructive quirk, the frail artist heard soft footsteps enter the art studio. He turned to look at the source and smiled when he saw it was sweet Toga, making her way towards him. He couldn't help but give her a small smile as she approached him.

          "Hey Tomu, how's it going?" she asked, a bright smile on her face.

           Tomura sighed "Honestly not great," he brought his hand up to scratch his neck some more "and I thought I told you not to use that stupid nickname on me."

          "And I thought I told you to quit scratching so much" she fired back. The blonde turned to look at the blank canvas Tomura was setting against the wall. "I guess this means you're not coming out to dinner with me and Magne tonight?" she asked, pouting so the blue haired man would at least feel guilty with his response.

          "Afraid not. I have some consulting to do" he said, packing the last of his supplies into his bag. 

        "You know, normally when people consult it's with more than one person, not just themselves."  she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

          Tomura scoffed "How do you know I don't have someone  to consult with me? Plus even if I didn't, I would be consulting with my inner demons, not myself." he grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder, making his way to the door.

          Toga followed him, giggling. "Tomu your inner demons, no matter how prominent, don't count as a person." They walked outside the studio, Tomura squinting at the bright sun. "I'm telling you, if you come to dinner with us you may find inspiration quicker than you would just holing up in your dorm" she continued "plus there will be a few more people joining us and you could use a night of socializing."

          Tomura was silent as they walked down the sidewalk toward the dorms. Once they got to his building he turned to the blonde and gave a small smile. "I'll think about it. but stop bothering me, got it?"

          Toga smiled brightly and gave Tomura a tight hug. "Yes! You won't regret this Tomu." She let go of the blue haired man and started skipping away.

           "I haven't even said yes!" he yelled after his excited friend.

          "You will!" she yelled back. Tomura had to admire her confidence. 

          He went up to his dorm, taking the stairs instead of the elevator because the tight space made him nervous. As he entered his small dorm, he turned some of the lights on and hung his bag on a hook by the door. The frail artist made his way over to his bed, laying down on his back and staring at the ceiling. He reached up and scratched his neck, feeling bad about the nervous tick but not being able to control it. He was trying to stop, he really was, just like his eating... disorder.

          He hated that word. Tomura refused to believe he had an eating disorder, he just forgot to eat sometimes. He got caught up in his art or was upset that he didn't make anything good that day and he just forgot. That's all. He didn't mean it. But Toga and Magne hated when he did it. So he told them he'd try, and he was.