9

A few weeks passed and things stayed the same. Tomura and Dabi hung out like usual, completely oblivious of their feelings for each other.

Their other friends, however, were painfully aware of the connection between the two.

"I don't understand why they don't just admit that they're in love and start boning already." Spinner stated bluntly, crossing his arms over his chest.

Toga playfully punched his arm. "Don't be gross"

Magne spoke up from across the room "tomura is extremely hesitant to form connections. He has a lot of trauma attached to loved ones understandably. And I haven't really gotten close to Dabi but I can tell he's closed off as well."

The others nodded in agreement at her statement. They were all gathered at toga and magne's apartment, minus dabi and tomura of course. The latter were at tomura's dorm, per usual.

Twice started speaking from his spot next to toga "I mean... A relationship really can't be rushed. If they aren't ready then they aren't ready. We shouldn't pressure them."

"You're only saying that because you're too scared to ask toga out." Spinner said, smirking. Toga blushed.

"Wh- that's not true! Shut up lizard!!" Twice said defensively, his second voice coming out.

Magne rolled her eyes. "Enough. We need to come up with a plan. Something to at least push them along a little bit."

_______

Meanwhile, Tomura and Dabi were in Tomura's bed, platonically of course, binging a random tv show on Netflix. Things had sort of progressed between the two, they were both more openly affectionate towards each other. It wasn't weird though. They were just best friends.

Dabi had his arm around the smaller of the two out of habit and Tomura was leaned against him, casually munching on Skittles.

The raven haired man had been thinking for the past week about how he'd tell Tomura about his feelings for him. He decided that he was comfortable enough in their friendship, seeing as it had been a little more than 2 months, and sources had told him that the frail artist felt the same.

Dabi could tell his friends were getting impatient. However, he didn't want them to get involved. He knew how Tomura was and his friends getting involved wouldn't solve anything.

He had to do it himself.

He looked down at the boy next to him, smiling softly to himself. He really liked Tomura a lot; and he couldn't imagine his life without him.

Dabi had trouble letting people in, that much was obvious. But somehow, the blue haired man had managed to wiggle his way in, and Dabi had no intentions of kicking him out.

He knew that Tomura had trauma holding him back as well, but he was prepared to be patient with that. The frail artist was worth it.

Dabi took a deep breath, knowing it was now our never. He paused the show on Netflix, causing Tomura to face him with a look of confusion.

"What'd you do that for? I was fully invested in that you know"

Dabi gave a small smile. "I know, I know. Just listen, okay? Listen to everything I have to say"

By now Tomura was even more confused, not knowing what was happening. "Uhhh... Okay?"

"Just... Trust me" the raven haired man said, turning fully to face the smaller of the two. He took a deep breath before speaking again. "I've contemplated this for a while, thinking of what to say and when to say it. I still don't have it figured out but I really can't wait anymore. Tomura, when I first met you, I was an asshole. I don't think I'll ever be able to make up for the way I treated you. Nevertheless, when I saw you for the first time I was so intrigued. I have never met someone with such a unique sense of beauty to them."

Dabi paused, watching as Tomura's ears tinged pink.

"I know how you think about yourself. I hate that you see yourself that way because I see the opposite. Your eyes are so pretty, so full of wonder and creativity, especially when you're painting. Your hair?" He reached out and tucked a piece of hair behind the artist's ear. He grinned "Well to quote Bruno Mars, it falls perfectly without you trying. Every single one of your scars holds a story of impossible strength that only you possess. I swear to you Tomura you're the strongest person I know."

Tomura was full on blushing now, embarrassed but flattered from Dabi's words. "Dabi-"

He was cut off quickly by the raven haired man. "Just wait. Tomura, you are so perfect to me. I never want to spend time away from you. I... I want to be with you."

"You... Are with me? We're together right now..."

"No..." Dabi sighed "no thats not what I mean. Tomura, I like you. I like like you. I like you more than a friend."

The pair of ruby red eyes widened in realization. The blue haired man was silent for a long moment, then he seemed to shake out of his thoughts. He shifted away from the taller of the two, stiffening uncomfortably. "Is... I-is this some kind of cruel joke? Wh-who told you?" He started to scratch at his neck, eyes welling up with tears. "I thought you c-cared about me. I knew n-nothing would ever happen but-"

Dabi cut him off by pulling his hands away from his neck. "Tomura. Look at me" he said calmly. The frantic artist looked up at him cautiously. "This is not a joke. I'm not pranking you. I really like you. And I think you feel the same about me. Am I correct..?"

Tomura hesitated before nodding slowly, holding eye contact with the raven haired man.

Dabi gently wiped his tears, smiling softly. "I'm not trying to hurt you. I want to be with you..."

Tomura spoke quietly in response"I want to be with you too.."

Dabi grinned. "Can I... Can I kiss you?"

The smaller of the two hesitated but then nodded.

Dabi brushed the blue hair out of his face gently, cupping his cheek and leaning in until their lips brushed slightly.

The raven haired man hesitated to make sure what he was doing was okay, then continued, finally melding their lips together in a sweet kiss. It was quick, because Dabi didn't want to push the frail artist.

When he pulled away he looked at Tomura with nothing but admiration in his eyes. The smaller man's face was flushed pink in an adorable blush.

"Was that okay?" Dabi asked softly.

Tomura nodded, smiling at the other. "Does this mean... Uh... Are we... Boyfriends?"

"If thats what you want..." Dabi trailed "because thats definitely what I want"

Tomura's eyes welled up with tears again and Dabi worried he did something wrong. But that worry quickly subsided when the frail artist lunged himself toward the taller boy, wrapping his arms around him in a tight hug.

The raven haired man hesitated before returning the hug, hearing a quiet voice whisper close to his ear. "Ive never felt as cared for as I do with you..."

Dabi smiled. "I feel the same way. "

__________

"No but seriously..." Spinner spoke from the couch in Magne and Toga's apartment. "I think that plan could work. They need to just.... Kiss already I'm sick of all the tension"

"I hope it works" Magne replied. "Because we all know we can't rely on them to do it themselves."

"They belong together!" Toga said enthusiastically from her seat next to twice. "They'll find their way no matter what. I know that for sure"
_________

Hey bros. Longtime no see I KNOW. But hopefully this makes up for it. I TRIED. Also, who's gonna tell the gang they don't need a plan 0_0 lmao enjoy the chapter.
-tomi