Good Company|B.M.

You stood in front of the counter, stirring your hot tea to cool it down. You tapped the spoon on the ceramic mug, hearing a clink before setting it down on the counter. You took a long, very well needed sip before facing reality again. This whole week had been aggravating for you, especially at work, so you decided to take some time off of work and drop by your best friend's studio with his bandmates to check up on him. Little did you know, that they were annoying as well.

You turned away from the kitchen and made your way to the recording room, voices continued to get louder as you near it. Currently, they were all in a heated argument and you had stepped away to get out of their way, which you had done by getting tea, but you were hoping that when you returned they would be finished, but unfortunately they were not.

You went inside the room, slipping past the four arguing men and went inside the sound booth. You thought this would be relaxing, chilling in a sound booth while listening to the sound of Brian's glorious guitar, Freddie's amazing vocals, Roger's drumming, and John's beautiful bass, but no, you sat there listening to them argue half the time. It was awfully irritating. You didn't understand how they got along so well outside of recording.

"Okay! How about this?" You heard one of them say, turning to you. "(Y/N)!"

It was Brian.

You sighed, not really wanting to be dragged into their heated argument.

"Oh come on Brian, don't bring your girlfriend into it!" Roger complained, crossing his arms.

"Brian I think it's best if we don't bring (Y/N) into it..." Said John, nervously scratching the back of his ear.

You blushed at what Roger had said. You weren't dating Brian at the moment, in fact, you were just really good friends. Although you had to admit, you did like Brian a lot. You wanted to go out with him and you used to drop hints like a mad woman, but he never picked them up so you stopped. You were stuck in the friend-zone.

Brian seemed to ignore John and Roger as he continued talking to you. "(Y/N)! Tell us what sounds better!"

Oh no, you thought. You didn't want to pick sides! You knew something horrible would be the outcome if you had to choose, especially if you didn't choose Brian's side.

"Really Brian? You want an outsider's opinion?" Grumbled Roger, making his way over to his drum set. He didn't look very impressed with Brian or you. You could tell he just wanted to go home.

"Oh hush Roger! I think this might be good for us," replied Freddie in a kind mannered tone, nodding his head towards you, while flashing a reassuring smile.

Freddie was the level-headed one in the group, along with John, but sometimes he stayed too quiet to have an opinion, which left Freddie to all of the decisions. Thank God for Freddie.

They all made their way to their instruments. Freddie sat down at his piano, John made his way to his bass, Brian picked up his guitar and Roger sat down in front of his drums.

"Take two of In The Lap of the Gods," Freddie said into his mic hanging over the piano.

"Alright, we'll play something for you, and then we'll play something else, tell us which version you like better, alright?" Brian told you, looking at you through the glass of the sound booth.

You nodded at him, giving him a thumbs up while sipping on your tea.

You watched him, your eyes specifically on him, while he waited for somebody to start.

Suddenly out of nowhere, you hear a beautiful but shrill voice come from the drummer, with Freddie and Brian joining in with their harmonies, and Freddie joined in on the piano.