Part 23

https://www

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL2CI5ruB1s

It was 24th of July 2015 and in two days we had to leave for Minneapolis and then, in another two days, to Kansas City. What was laying in front of me was a totally new life, spectacular and amazing.

Everything was packed and when I arrived in the apartment, Lou was waiting there for me, as she had to tell me the latest updates before leaving. I was constantly under the impression everything was moving very fast in front of my eyes and I was proud of myself for being able to keep up with that.

"Vitamins and a strong brain", as she was saying all the time. "This is what you need to resist." I didn't completely understand what she was talking about, but, during that tour I was about to find out. The fact that it was not clear for me, back then, how the days were about to succeed themselves and maybe not even the cities we were about to visit was something Lou said was normal and that I shouldn't be afraid of. Ok, I might feel lost at the beginning, but the secret was to share everything with the crew and never keep things for myself. I had to accept that I'll be missing the family back home, all the loved ones that were not traveling with me, but, in the same time, I shouldn't see the tour like a prison of any kind. She told me Zayn used to feel it in this way and that was the reason he left some months before this US tour. Everyone was extremely sad back then and they reconsidered a bit the way they were choosing people to be part of their team. Lou said they trusted me a lot and that was why they decided to make me part of that tour.

It was the first time when I was traveling to America and this filled my heart with joy and, in the same time, I was curious to see what this new world was bringing to my life.

We left on the 25th, early in the morning and, as I was looking on the concert list that I had prepared while we were on the plane, I was somehow trying to keep in mind, all the cities we were about to see. It proved to be impossible in the end. During the flight, everyone was telling jokes and they were making plans and, from time to time, either Andrew or Lou, were coming to me and were trying to make sure I was more and more familiarized with everything that was going on or with the things I was not aware of. The idea was that when we landed to Minneapolis, I already knew so much more about their life styles than I knew when we got in the plane. It was a new universe, one I had no idea of and about which I had to learn so much in such a short time. During the flight, I managed to talk with Harryfew times, as he was constantly into different other discussions and, still, I saw that, no matter what he was doing, he always found time to look at me, smile and make sure I was alright.

From Minneapolis Saint Paul International Airport, we were taken to the hotel. One Direction management always made sure everyone was staying in very good hotels, and they tried to keep it secret from the fans. Sometimes, this was not successful.