Chapter Five

Christmas day had passed, but Haseol still had few more days left till she left Seoul and returned to London. She was now sitting in front of her house, staring blankly ahead. She was supposed to spend these few more days with her ex boyfriend, Taewon. But since they had broken up, it was impossible now.

She enjoyed her lazy day though. Drinking a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows on top and watching the snow falling from the sky had always been the best lazy routine in her list. However, she couldn't really enjoy doing it this year because her mind was so full and chaos. She couldn't stop thinking about her ex boyfriend.. and Hope.

Strange. They met once, but Hope seemed to leave such a strong impression to her. He was memorable, he was like a sunshine in the middle of the freezing weather. He literally smiled all the time. But he was mysterious. A little bit too mysterious.

Haseol shook her head hard, despising all the thoughts she had in her head. "Ah, i should've asked Jin to come with me,"

"Now what should i do? Mom and dad left with their friends, Hayoon too. Oh, how lonely they made me feel right now." She complained, thinking about how her younger sister went out with her date few hours ago, leaving her all alone in the house.

So jealous of her.. she even got herself a boyfriend already.

Just then, she felt someone was coming closer. She looked up, finding someone familiar approaching her.

"Hope?" She called out unknowingly.

The owner of the name smiled. "Hi. Alone again, i see?"

She stared blankly at him for a moment, before she sighed and looked away.

"I look pathetic, don't i?" she pouted, giving some space for the guy to sit. "How did you find me though?" she asked.

"I walk past by your house and caught you sitting here, all alone." he laughed mockingly.

"Stop picking on me." She hit his arm, ended up laughing with him anyway.

"Want me to accompany you again today? I'm alone too." He offered.

She could feel her cheeks becoming warm as she watched him smiling. Before he could notice, she looked away and cleared her throat. "W-Well, okay. I'm bored too." She replied.

"Okay." He stood up. "Where do you want to go?"

She looked down to his bare hands. "Aren't you cold? Where's your gloves?"

Hope clicked his tongue, keeping both of his hands inside the pocket of his coat, as if he didn't want her to notice it anymore. "I'm fine."

"You sure? Want me to borrow you a pair? Your hands are so cold yesterday." She insisted.

He was thinking for some moment, before he finally gave in. "Okay, then. But please, not a girly one."

She laughed at his demand. "Okay, okay."

-oOo-

"Mom, i'm going out!" Haseol shouted as she hastily ran down the stairs, putting on her grey coat swiftly.

"With who?" Her mom shouted back.

"Hope!"

"Hope?" Her mom peeked out from the kitchen, feeling unfamiliar with that name.

"Yes." She looked for her phone everywhere. "We'll meet at the park, and now i'm so late already. He must be waiting for me-"

"Hope is a guy? You're going out with a guy? Already?"