Part 1

James

I try my best to avoid the sunlight that's annoying my sleepy eyes, pulling the sheets over to my head and fighting to sleep. But granna wants me to get up, and she won't settle.

Its the same after every vacation. Waking up for school is always the hardest task, even though I am excited to go back.

"James!! Get up. Your mom is almost ready to leave" Granna pulls my quilt.

"Fine! I'm up. Stop yelling Granna" I say, opening my eyes and sitting up.

"Good boy " she messes my hair and kisses my forehead, "Come down fast. I'll go check if the breakfast is ready"
I nod and she leaves.

A new day, a new grade. I am a ninth grader now and I can't be happier. Finally in high school.

"Good morning mommy " I rush to my mom and kiss her cheek.

"Good morning, little baby," she says, kissing my both cheeks.

My beautiful, young very smart and single mom, Natasha Romanoff. According to granna, she had me when she graduated, and that my father wasn't to be blamed. It was a young age mistake, that I shouldn't make. But that didn't mean my mom or granna loved me any less. Nor did my mom give up on her dreams due to me. She was very smart, the top of her class and everybody's dream. The prom queen. And she was now, a chemistry professor, for her love for chemicals and teaching. She could have done anything she wanted and she chose to be what she is.

But there was one thing that she did compromise for me. And that was her love life. I was now old enough to understand how much dating and having a love life matters to a person. And my mommy, she practically had none. Granna says she doesn't want to risk it. She doesn't want it to be hard on me, to give me expectations. She says she is happy to be single.

"Hurry up, you two. Don't wanna be late on your first day" Granna said.

"I'm so happy to be where you teach, mommy," I said enthusiastically.

"I'll be teaching you, next year," she said, pinching my cheek.

I hugged her, and then quickly gulped my glass of milk. Granna happily waved us goodbye, as we got into the car, and mommy drove off.

_____

I know nothing about my daddy, except that I look like him. Well, except for the color of my hair, which happens to be strawberry blonde instead of just blonde, due to my mom's red hair genes. But apart from that, I look exactly like him. His blue eyes with a little green in them. His jaw, his lips, even his height. I was already taller than mommy.

As I washed my hands in the boy's room. I stare at my reflection and thought, my daddy, must be a handsome man.

"Hey, man" my best friend, Johnny Stark, son of the richest man in town, pat me on the back as he greeted me.

"Hey, John," I said, "excited?"

"Sure am" he replied, "especially to see your mom, every day" he winked.

I rolled my eyes. Johnny is a big flirt, just like his dad. His dad is a single father, nobody knows what happened to his mom, and he is so handsome and rich and never misses an opportunity to flirt with my mom. She has clearly stated, she isn't interested. And he has accepted that, but flirting is a part of his personality. Mom knows how to deal with that now, and they are good friends.

"Mom would surely be giving you detentions next year," I said, as we walked out.

"No problem," he said.

We walked towards our class. New year, new school, new people. Everything was very exciting. I knew most of the teachers already since they were mom's friends. But the history teacher just left town and so a new guy was hired. We'll all be meeting him today. It's a guy, that much we already knew.

"The girls are so boring," Johnny said as we took our seats.

"Your standards are too high, John. Just like your dad's" I reminded him.

"Yeah, that's why he is still single" he agreed.

We were too early, the class wouldn't start until the next five minutes. And Granna couldn't let me sleep a bit more. Mom had to be in the staff meeting so there's that, but I could have left later.

The bell finally rang, and we took out our books, and sat up straight, to welcome our new teacher. Our first class was history. Funny that it was the first day, for both of us.

We saw someone approaching, and I was so excited, while Johnny was busy yawning.

"Good morning, sir " everyone greeted our new teacher, while I sat silent, dumbstruck as I saw him.

"Good morning, children," he said in a sweet voice and my heart jumped, "I am Steve Rogers. And I will be teaching you American history"

My throat was suddenly full of nausea and a huge lump. How was this even possible? Could he?

The man in front of me, the six feet tall handsome, blue-eyed man with blonde hair and a nice jaw that was mostly hidden with a rough beard, looked so much like me. Not in the way someone resembles someone randomly, but in the way Johnny resembles his dad, or mom resembles Granna, or any normal kid resembles their dad.

Dad, the word gave me chills. Was it possible, was this guy actually my dad? There was oy one way to find out.

"Dude, this guy, looks a lot like you," Johnny said.

"I know," I said, trying to hide my face so no one else finds the resemblance.

"Is he your dad?" Johnny asked.

"I don't know, but I am going to find out soon," I told him.

"If he is, hope he isn't married or dating, because I am already seeing the chemistry between your mom and him," Johnny said.

"So am I," I said and we both smiled.

*******
So guys, first chapter is up.
Jamesy is gonna play cupid for his parents😝
Do give your reviews.