Part 3

Natasha

"What did you just say?" I heard him spitting, whatever he must be drinking, out.

"The father of my son is here. As his new history teacher. And by his face, I can tell he understood he is James's daddy. It's so screwed, Tony." I blast once more. I couldn't call mom. She never gives any good pieces of advice.

Nat, darling, go for it.
Nat, sweety, you can always have what you want.
Aww, is he a virgin? You must seduce him.

And so on. If not for her crazy advice, I wouldn't be pregnant after graduation and wouldn't be living a dateless life. Yeah, it didn't matter anymore. I love my son more than anything in the world and would anything for him, but I had him at the wrong time.

"Are you free? Should I pick you up?" Tony was again sipping from his drink.

"I have class in ten minutes," I tell him, "I'll see you after school".

I hang up before he could respond. Tony isn't the best advisor either but he is a good listener and he can always make the situation lighter.

I peek out of the student's restroom. Yeah, I had to hide out here instead of the one for faculty. What if I run into him again? Gosh, if it wasn't so messed up.

" Good morning, ma'am" Wanda, a sweet girl from grade 12 greets me. Her expression weird, obviously she is wondering what business I have in a student's room.

"Good morning, sweety" I smile and hurry away. I feel like a teenager again, hiding from my one night stand the next day. I need a word with Principal Fury. He must know most of the details about Steve.

"May I come in?" I ask knocking on his door.

"Professor Romanoff, please come in" he replies. I step in and he smiles, "I hope everything is alright, my dear."

"Yeah, well. Sir, the new professor of history, I am sorry for the intervention of privacy but, can you please give me, some information regarding his background. I mean, if he has a family, just for basic knowledge" what was I even thinking? How stupid of me to ask it this openly!! I could have just hacked into his computer and gotten the information.

"Seems like he has your interest" Fury teases. He is a good friend of my mother's and well, we happen to be close. No wonder he is teasing me.

"He isn't married" he winks, gosh this weird, " he has moved here, all alone".

"He is James's father" I blurt out before he assumes anything else.

"What? I..oh I am so sorry Natasha. So, sorry. I didn't.." He is apologizing now when it isn't his mistake, neither Steve's. It's all on me.

"He didn't know, don't judge him. I never told him, never contacted him about James and he just arrives here and I think he has guessed by now" I explain. Normally people judge the guy as the douche when a girl is knocked up. But here, the girl seduced the innocent virgin boy and ended up pregnant.

"What..do you want now?" Fury asks, sympathetic, to me or to him, I have no idea.

"I don't know, just forget it. I am running late for class" I run again, as always, instead of facing my problems.

This has to be the worst class I have ever held. I wasn't attentive, my poor students were trying to cope best as I screwed up.

"I am sorry, I think I am not well," I say finally, taking a seat and having a sip of water, " turn to page 30 and see if you can solve the questions. Mark the ones you cannot and we'll solve them together".

Thankfully, they are obedient and do as they are told. And then the dreaded bell rings and its time for recess.

Where the hell would I hide now? I grab my bag, and books walking out after all students have left and my arm was grabbed and I am pushed back inside and pinned against the wall. Who the fuck is trying to manage with me?!! And the answer has me weak in the knees.

"Steve" I manage to say.

"Natasha!! We have a son? Together? You cannot deny it. He looks exactly like me and his age and everything clearly says he is my son" he is angry and speaking with gritted teeth.

"Steve, I can explain, " I say.

"What can you explain?!!!" He punches the wall behind me, " that you didn't want me to know? Why? Did your boyfriend say so? Does James even know about me? Or he thinks some other guy is his dad?"

"Shut up!" I push him away, " don't jump on conclusions. I don't have a boyfriend and James has no father figure in his life. Get it?" I scream now, thank God no one would be around to hear us.

"Then why didn't you tell me? All these years? It has been fifteen years and I had no idea I have a son" he says, his forehead creased.

"Well, I didn't because it wasn't your fault. I couldn't burden you with responsibility so big at that tender age when it was all my fault we got in it. You were drunk and you obviously had an innocent crush on me. We weren't even legal to have drinks and yet we did and I seduced you for a stupid bet with my friends and it happened. And then, James did. I was reckless, I missed my pills. It was all on me. I knew how it would affect you. It would have destroyed you. And me, my mother is a single mother too. She was happy about it, she helped me through it all. And I always wanted a sibling and I had a son instead and my life was sorted. Maybe I was protecting you, maybe I was selfish to not share him. I can't be sure. But I didn't want you involved any more than you already were" I took a breath after I finished.

"But, he needs a father. You should have known this better than anyone else" Steve says innocently again.

I sighed, " Yes, but I did survive without one. And I know the pain of not being wanted by my father too. Didn't want the same to happen to James too" and with that, I walked out of the room.

*******
Sorry for the delay.
I was too tired yesterday to type.
Anyways,  do give your reviews.