Part 4

James

I had my mind set. My dad was finally here. My mom is still single. They look perfect together. I need them to get together fast.

"Johnny.. " I turned to my best friend and found him smirking, as always.

"Yeah, man. We are totally setting them up. " he said and then he made an annoyed face.

"What.. Why is my dad here? He cannot be making fun of my image like this" he said.

I tried to see in his direction of view, the sun irritating my eyes. But John's father wasn't here for him. He was here for my mom.

Mom rushed towards his car, got in, and they sped away.

"Don't worry, John. Your dad is here to fulfill his friend duties " I said.

We were having a laugh, when a hand on my shoulder, froze me.

"Hey, champ" I heard his voice, my.. My dad's.., "Can we have a private chat? Please? I mean here, I won't take you.. Of course I cannot.. I mean I am still a stranger you should never trust.. Here at school.. In my classroom.. Please? " his nervous voice was exactly like mine. Oh daddy!! Where have you been all this time?

"Of course" I said.

Johnny rolled his eyes, " see you later man"

I followed my tall, good looking dad inside towards the class. I couldn't wait to know him, maybe I didn't even have to.. He was like me.. Or I was like him. My habits never matched mommy.

"Take a seat, sweety" he said. I put my bag down and sat on my usual seat.

"I know you are my dad.. Please stop being awkward" I said, trying to decrease some of the tension. My confidence was from my mom, definitely.

"Ohkay!! Did she.. " he asked

"I figured it out.. By now.. I think the whole school has. We look exactly the same" I said.

His eyes lightened up and I was happy. He would love and accept me.

"I'm sorry James, I.. I never knew you exist.. I.. I am already so much in love with you. My heart.. My chest.. I mean.. You are so perfect... My dad would love you.. And my mom would have loved you.. I wish we knew before.. My mom.. " his voice caught up in his throat, his eyes teary.

"Dad? " I hesitantly rose from my chair, "are you okay? "

He pulled me into a tight hug. "James, your grandma would have loved you so much, she would have showered you with extreme love. But she.. She recently.. She is gone James"

I rubbed his back, not knowing exactly how to console a person. He lost his mom, it scared me.

"I'm sorry, dad. I wish I had met her" I said in a low voice.

He sat down and kissed my forehead, "You are so perfect, James. You are so sweet. And I am sure you are brilliant. "

"Dad? Don't.. Mind me asking but.. Do you.. Have a girlfriend? " I asked hesitantly.

He smiled, "I had one, but we broke up recently "

I wrapped my arms around him again and hugged him tight.

"Anyways, James. I already know a lot about your mom, but I know nothing about you. Can you trust me enough to have coffee with me? " he asked lovingly.

"You are my dad.. But I'll still ask mom" I said with shrug of my shoulders.

He messed my hair, "good boy".

______

Natasha

"So, let me get this straight.. The guy you seduced and got knocked up has arrived as your son's history teacher. And he is single. And you are panicking because you have fallen in love with mr, but now your son would want his biological dad? " Tony said.

I slapped his arm hard, "Tony!! For the last time, this is no time for jokes".

He stopped the car near an icecream parlor.

"Two mint chocolate chip ice cones please" he ordered.

"I'm in the middle of crisis and you are ordering ice cream? " Tony knew exactly how to get on my nerves.

"Yes, because I need to lower your extremely hot temperature. You don't have to be so angry and tensed to look hot. You are a natural so just.. "

He was hit again , "okay, fine.. Go on rant

"Tony!! This is complicated, veryyyy complicated, I mean.. He knows now, he is here.. His family.. Everyone would get involved and.. At this point.. I am not sure if I want someone new in my baby's life. We are perfect just as we are" I vent out. Tony was definitely the best listener there could be.

"Look, Nat.. Every child needs both of his parents. Johnny is missing a part of his life too. I cannot get his biological mother back.. I don't even know which one she was.. But James.. He is getting the chance to know his dad.. To get the best of both worlds.. You would be very selfish to want to deprive him of that" Tony spoke in his serious voice.

"Ok, I officially hate you serious talk" I said.

"I know gorgeous " he winked.

Our ice cream arrived and we had ut in silence, the flavor and sweetness relieving some of my anxiety.

My phone rang, and my heart jumped to find it was James.

"Yes? My love? " I answered the phone.

"Mom? Uh.. I.. I know.. Can I go out with daddy? For coffee I mean? " he asked, nervously.

Tony raised his eyebrows and I blinked.

"Yes, baby.. Just.. Ask him to text me." I replied.

"Ok, mommy. Love you lots" he said before hanging up.

"I need to tell mom" I said, tge biggest horror of the moment. Because I knew what she would want.

"We can have lunch before that" Tony said.

"Yes, please" I agreed and he pulled the car and we headed towards our favorite restaurant.

*****
Sorry for the very late update.
Hope you guys enjoy