Chapter 1.New Roommate

I stared at the front as Mr Purkins drooled on and on.I looked around at my fellow students some had already zoned out and some were just tired being the last lesson of the week one would expect less. A rolled piece of paper hit at the back of my head,I turned around and glared at the group of jocks at the back before turning around with a sigh and looking down at the biology book in front of me.Those guys smelt danger.They were to be kept at bay.I survived and everyday for me being above the ground was a blessing. I pushed my glasses up my face.I just had to follow 3 simple rules and everything would be fine.Rule NO1.To keep a low profile as possible. NO 2.Maintaining Perfect grades .Rule NO 3.Avoiding unnecessary Attention.No 2 and 3 was what I always managed because that was always what I ever did.I glanced at the girl besides me.She smiled and I smiled back.She wasn't my friend but she was friendly. Nobody wanted to be friends with me.I was just that nerd. Simple.
That reminded me,my new roommate was moving in today.I was nervous. What would she be like?Would she be like my stepsister Nicole?? I cringed inwardly.Oh boy !I hope not.I had enough problems of my own at the moment. As soon as the bell went off I stood up .Someone whispered nerd in my ear but I just ignored. James Peterson was sometimes a pain the ass.He was a football player .A popular guy picking on me whenever he got the chance.I never mind especially when he was just but a toothless bulldog.He never got physical at all.
Hope this weekend was gonna turn out wonderfully. Yeey!