chapter 3-My dad

"Tell me more about yourself", jess urged me.
I didn't know where to start.My mum died when I was three and I knew nothing about her, I had a step mom and a step sister who hated my guts.Then came my step brother, my all time love.He was caring loving and even though I had managed to create a wall around myself, with him I managed to let my guards down.We were alike .Dirty Blonde hair and ocean blue eyes.Unlike my step sister Nicole,who had platinum blonde hair and green eyes,she took after her mother.At first they just abused me of how fat and ugly I was.I kept quiet. At school it was no better Nicole picked on me with her friends.
I had no one to talk to,my brother Thomas was sent to a boarding school and I occasionally saw him on holidays. My father rarely had time for me.I had totally no one.Soon the abuses started getting physical and I was hurted really bad.I feared anyone around me.The little self esteem i had was destroyed and I fell into depression. At one point Nicole went telling everyone that I had lost my virginity to some boy.My schoolmates shunned me.
My father sent me to another school far away under the watchful eyes of a psychiatrist and my mother's sister Aunt Mady.Things were never the same again.I wore baggy clothes and oversized glasses and that gave me a sense of security from the outside world.Don't get me wrong,my aunt really loved me like her own.She had three children both of whom were older than me.They came visiting from time to time,but we rarely spent time.
Jess cleared her throat and that brought me back from my reverie. She reached out her fingers and wiped something from my face. That is when I realized that I have been crying.
"Am sorry Kim for bringing that up", I could sense genuineness in her voice.
" It is okay,tell me something about yourself instead", I mumbled.
I Learnt her mother was a model and a fashion designer and her father was a lawyer in a renowned law firm.She had a little brother Evan and already wanted to meet them.We talked and pressed her clothes.Soon I found myself laughing away.I had never laugherd this hard in my entire life.Jess was the therapy I needed.
I felt better ,I felt fulfilled ,I felt settled only that this was the beginning of more to come.In my room on my bed,in my sweat pants and with a forged microphone, I sang my heart out.Katty Perry's roar...
"roar oooooo...you can gonna hear me...", I stopped still.Aaron Walker was staring right at Me from her window.Amusement written on his.I even thought I saw a smile.Shit!I had left my curtains open.I groaned and pulled the drapes closed that is when I heard deep laughter that I loved so much.OMG my glasses were on my bed stand.I groaned again.
" Kim,are you alright",Jess called from the living room.
"Yeah jess".
I threw myself on my bed.It was on hell of a night.