FitzOnTheTele #1

highschool/teen au.
abusive relationship included, based off of a true story and i'm not trying too romanticise anything harmful or abusive.
this is a real life occurrence.
their age gap has changed purely for the story.

toby's pov.

i'm so done right now. i don't know if i can go on much longer. i really don't.

luckily, Cam is always here for me. he is my only emotional support i have right now, and without him i think i'd be dead. honestly, i'm so happy around him.

with him i feel i don't need too be faking my happiness, although i do fake the way i act. i am fake.

but with him my smiles are genuine because he's smiles are bright. my laughs are real because his are loud. my emotions are happy because he makes me feel wanted.

he makes me feel like i shouldn't cut. i shouldn't feel suicidal. i shouldn't feel depressed. i shouldn't be paranoid. i shouldn't be anxious. and that i should be free.

despite even the thought of him making me feel like an actual human and actually happy and alive, the dark corners of my room came closer and closer too me.

i can hear her. i can hear her. her.

that her is my mother. why am i so afraid? why should i be afraid?

why should i be abused?

she tells me i'm worthless, useless, good for nothing... so that's what i believe. she has made me the way i am. she has made me suicidal. she triggers my depression even on my best days.

but yet, she gives me money all the time. she has bout my countless presents worth more than our rent. but, at the end of the day, i'd rather wake up with nothing and be happy.

she honestly thinks that buying me countless expensive items will make me love her. no, it will not. the emotional abuse and domestic violence you put me and my brother through is unreal.

who else treats their kids so badly that they feel the need to walk and run out of the house at three am? i feel safer in the streets than i do in my own home and i'm scared of the outside world.

if you're interested, there will be a full fanfic on this.

will publish soon.