Tough love

Michael's POV

What the hell just happened? In under 12 hours I meet the most gorgeous woman I've seen, had an amazing night with her till I got a stupid text from an ex I haven't spoke to in a year. Drake was talking to me but I really wasn't feeling it my mind was still trying to process how it could've gone all wrong. "Bro I'm really not in the mood for a speech man not tryin to be rude" "naw I get it bro you watchin a beautiful woman walk away from you and into the arms of another man whom in my opinion don't deserve her" drake spoke matter of factly. I turned my body sideways to him , looked down and let my mind wonder. "Look I swear on everything I love I didn't do anything and I don't want to make it seem like she's crazy or anything because that's the furthest feeling I have for her but she flipped over something that was a misunderstanding" I said still stunned "so spill bro maybe I can help" drake said genuinely interested in helping me which was big of him in my book but I had to ask just why "thanks man but why would you play Cupid for me" I quizzed "because fuck breezy he's a world class fuck up and Tamika is like a sister to me. I seen that girl go through it when they first broke up I mean it helped with her song writing in the studio but it truly affected her joyful normal self. What you've seen so far is most likely a fraction of the cool goofy laid back chick who at first chanceI did try to holla at when I first met her"  without thought I shot him a death glare and looked him up and down as he threw his hands 🖐🏽 🤚 and looked at me with an a aye come on man can you blame me face  " you right I don't know much about her and I don't blame you for shooting yo shot hell I'm still on the free throw line trying to get drafted but she put me on the bench....Actually she sent my ass the the locker room" I half joked trying to make myself a bit light hearted " look Mike let me say this the girl is a piece of work but she's worth it so I'm going to make sure you get the opportunity" drake spoke seriously "yo I may be drunk but I think it's the second time I'm hearing that Tamika is talented in music I wish I could know more about her I'm legit interested in this woman dog it's not even funny" "well let's get you your new bae lol" "negro this why you light skins be getting looked at funny you a grown as man talkin about let's get you your new bae what the fuck bro" I cracked up 🤣 "I'm glad you smiling again so soon nigga you gon need that same energy real soon I'll be in touch real soon bro real soon okay till then like pac said keep ya head up" he dapped me up and went to Liz passenger side and got in and as they pulled off I saw Chan roll down the window lean out partly bring both her pointing ☝🏽 finger and middle finger 🖕🏽 to her eyes then to me then back to herself again letting me know she watchin me I guess. I just shook my head and frowning with my mouth open like I ain't do nothing. I turned to go inside with one hand on the large building door but stop when I still notice the Lamborghini limo didn't pull off yet. I huffed out a big chest sigh and go back inside knowing that the damage was done and it wasn't much I could do tonight. As I walk into the elevator and pressed my floor button I leaned against the wall for support all this running on a stomach full of liquor had finally caught up to me. I finally got in my crib I looked at the ruffled covers half smirked and slightly bit my bottom lip shook my head and stubbled back through the living room and crashed on the couch because the bed room just made me want Tamika even more and wish she was still here with me right now. I sent her one last text before going to sleep I tried to stay awake to see if she would text back but after 10 minutes I close my eyes drifted to sleep. That night I dreamt of her....

It did not take Tamika and chris long to reach her place from her job. The ride was mostly silent and Chris embracing Tamika in a comforting hug.

Tamika's POV -

I was reluctant to let Chris into my home and personal space. Since the break-up its been my personal peaceful solitude and I would hate for him to disrupt it. I unlocked my door and we walk in ; I threw my heels under the mini staircase and Chris sat down on the couch. While he looked around turning his head every which way to scope out my place I went to my room to the bathroom and grabbed a couple of towels. I came back into the living room to give Chris one and told him he could take a shower after me.