The Way of the World

Kou X Idol!Reader

You smiled, spotlights shining on you as cameras flashed insistently, the deafening roar of a cheering crowd hitting your ears. However your smile remained there, you were excited, thrilled even, all you had done so far was walk onto the large stage set for you. You wore a knee length dress cut to flatter your figure along with heeled boots, they weren't very high heels but they did add a couple of inches to your height. Your hair was dried and styled so that it seemed to float about you while the tiny pins stuck in it sparkled in the light like multicolored stars.

You bit your lower lip and refrained from fidgeting, this was it. Your first big show. Time to make a good impression.

You took a deep breath and stepped up to the microphone with a smile playing on your painted pink lips. The music started, slow and sweet as the audience hushed slightly to hear it. Closing your eyes, you let yourself sink into the music, feeling waves of emotion hit you.

"Why~" There came the first vocalization, filling the stadium over the renewed frenzy of screams. "Do I feel so, lonely? Even when, you're standing right there?"

Skin glistening under the lights surrounding you, it made your figure alluring, almost glowing, and setting you unattainable in the minds of fans watching you in awe!

"Why~ Do you stand so close?" You opened your eyes as your body began to sway to the music. "Yet you still don't, feel near!"

"Oh! I! Only wish, to hold you. But you~ are always out of reach."

Your eyes fluttered shut once more.

"Sooo, hold me! Oh my darling I beseech! Won't you, hold me! Keep me in your arms! Hold me! Hold me tight, hold me close~ My darling I love the most."

The cameras continued there clicking as you moved to the music, tapping your fingers and moving your feet.

"Oohoh, Do you, want me? When you're alone? Do you, daydream? Of me being your own? Do you, hold me! At night in your dreams! Will you, own me? Own me heart and soul!

Why~ Do you look so, lonely? Even though, you're always surrounded? Why~ Do you only love me? Whenever, someone else is closing in!

Sooo, hold me! Oh my darling I beseech! Won't you, hold me! Keep me in your arms! Hold me! Hold me tight, hold me close~ My darling I love the most.

Oh-Whoa-ho-ooh! Please! When you take a step back. Forgive me~ If I take two steps forwards."

During the dancing you did along with the song you had at some point spun around, reopening your eyes you saw a tall blonde boy smiling at you. His hair was cute, bangs falling over one eye although through the hair you were able to see stunning blue eyes looking over. Your cheeks turned pink and your heart skipped a beat, but even so you finished your performance to the sound of applause.

Bowing and making your way off-stage you saw the blonde take the spot you had just been standing, winking at you on his way there. You stumbled into your dressing room and sat numbly until your manager came in to congratulate you.

"They loved you!" Ginger exclaimed, clapping her hands. She was rather, excitable. You began the slow, arduous, task of removing the many pins from your hair.

"Really?" You looked at her with a soft smile, hopeful and innocent.

"Totally! This went so well! I can't believe it!" Ginger did a little dance before abruptly halting. "Not that you weren't wonderful! Because you were! I- oh."