|t h i r t y e i g h t|

38.real life

"Beth wake up, leaving in an hour" seb poked his head into Beth's room. They were leaving for the airport to get Tom, which Beth did not yet know.
"What friend are we even getting?!" Beth asked as she turned on her phone to try and find her usual goodmorning text from Tom but it wasn't there. A little upset, but she brushed it off.
"Some family friend you've never met him, his name is Hansen"
"Sounds like a fake name" Beth raised her eyebrow, obviously messing with him
"Well I'll be saying told ya so when we're driving Hansen back here because he's real, buddy" Seb sort of panick as he quickly went to his room.
Beth didn't think anything of it and got up looking at herself in the mirror.
She finally started getting ready and just put this on

Throwing her hair up in a messy bun with natural makeup, really just mascara

Throwing her hair up in a messy bun with natural makeup, really just mascara. Then grabbed her phone and purse going out to the living room and sitting on the couch waiting for Seb.
"Are ya ready?" He asked grabbing his key
"Yeppers" she hopped up off the couch and walked out the door that seb was holding for her.
     "Why have I never heard of this, Hansen?" Beth asked after they'd been driving for a little while
     "I haven't talked to him in awhile, just reconnected recently" he was obviously lying because basically all of this is a lie.
     After awhile they got to the Airport and found a spot to park at which took awhile.
      "Ughhhh" beth hopped out of the car stretching from the hour car ride they had just took
     "Reeelaxxxxx" Seb looked at her laughing
     "My legs are so freaking soreeee" she kept her legs straight, stretching her arms down to the ground, in an attempt to take the pain away.
     "Are you ready" Seb had been feeling anxious since him and Tom had made the plan. Making sure he wouldn't spoil the surprise.
     "Where are we meeting this 'Hansen'" she said his name putting air quotes up and seb rolled his eyes sticking out his arm for beth to link hers with. They began walking and got to the place pretty quick. They went as far in as they could go and then found a place to stand for Tom to meet them. Seb slyly texted him telling him where they were.
       "Okay he'll be here any minute" Seb began looking around and then saw him. Happy smiley Tom carrying a suit case waiting for beth to notice.
       "What does this guy look like?" She asked looking up from her phone. Which she'd actually been checking if Tom has been active on any socials so she could talk to him. He'd hadn't answered and she was nervous he was ignoring her again.
      "Uhhh, right over there" Seb pointed at Tom, and beth looked in the direction of his hand. She stopped. Eyes widened
"Shut up!" She quickly slapped seb's arm
"I guess Hansen is a fake name" Seb said. Beth squatted down bringing her knees to her chest and putting her head in her hands. Tears began falling, she had missed him so much. It had been over 5 months since she has seen him and she's missed him so much. "Wellllll" Seb nudged her and she jumped up taking off and running the short distance to jump into toms arms.
       Seb stayed farther back to give them there time
     "I missed you" beth said as she hugged Tom super tight
      "It's only Been like 5 months darling" he giggled hugging her tighter
      "I still missed you"
      "I missed you too"
     "Tom....." beth broke from the hug
      "I know...." he interrupted her leaning in and kissing her.