-Chapter Three-

Your POV

Thirty or so minutes have passed before Levi and I had arrived at the crime scene. It seemed to be much more cleaner than yesterday, however there was still a large pool of blood being protected by a yellow 'CRIME SCENE' tape. The pool was about half clearly blood and the other half dried blood that stained the building side and concrete alley.

We both walked around and tried to get nearby stores to cooperate with us by giving us their security footage. One store, which was just across from the crime scene, was an electronics store that was heavily locked up.

I entered the building, cameras, televisions, video game consoles, laptops, computers—everything technology related appeared to be there, neatly scattered throughout the store. A man was behind the counter, sporting an undercut with his hair longer on the top, a nose and lip piercing, and a large dragon tattoo on his bicep, being shown off by the tank top with the store's logo on the front of it. He glanced over in my direction, his piercing blue eyes staring at me.

"Can I help you?" He asked, his voice clearly uninterested in the reason behind my presence.

"Hello, I'm Officer (L/n) from NYPD." I introduced, "There was a murder across the street from your establishment, and I was wondering if your security cameras caught anything."

He responded slowly to my inquiry, looking slightly confused. "Yeah, those cameras out front are fake."

I paused for a moment, feeling a little confused myself. "I'm sorry, they're fake?"

"Yeah?" He replied as if this was something I was supposed to know. "We use them to scare off people which is why we have about four out front. We need that in this part of town."

"So you don't have any cameras at all that could have seen things across the street?" I said with an exasperated voice, covering my forehead and slightly shaking my head.

"Uh, I think there might be one camera, let me check." He said as he left behind the counter, going over to the window and pulling a camera from it. He brought it back to the checkout counter and opened a side panel inside the camera, slightly shaking his head.

"Yeah, no. I guess someone stole the SD card. It had all the footage on it for the last few days."

"Let me guess, there aren't any cameras in here either."

He laughed slightly, closing the camera and moving it back into the window. "Yeah, we have cameras inside the store. It's just the big scary ones outside that are fake to help stop people." He pointed over to some cameras in the ceiling. "Yeah, those ones are real."

Silence fell over us as I waited for him to get the footage. However, he just stood there nodding his head. Looking at him a little closer, I noticed that his pupils were slightly more dilated than a normal persons. I guess there's one way to ask for the film, or at least get his attention.

"Are you high?" I asked flatly, crossing my arms. I was right. This immediately caught his attention, staring at me with half-lidded eyes and a surprised expression, despite being clearly out of it.

"What?" He said through a slightly concerned chuckle, trying to make me seem as if I was crazy. "Why-Why would you say that?"

"Your pupils are really dilated." I replied with a smug expression. "So, now that I have your attention, how about you give me the security footage from inside the store, and I'll let you off with a warning about whatever you've been on and advise you don't do it again."

"Yeah, sure." He said as he went to the back of the store, reemerging a few moments later with a flash drive. "Here you go. All of the last couple of days are on here. And, uh... just keep the flash drive. I'd rather not see you again, no offense." He mumbled before ashamedly turning away and going back behind the counter.