Chapter 20 - Halloween

"How do I look?" I asked the Avengers hanging out in the kitchen as I strutted into the room.

"Is there a reason you don't go to comic con's to display your cosplay skills?" Nat asked, giving my homemade costume a once over.

"Because someone," I articulated, looking directly at my father. "Doesn't think I would be safe going to one of those."

"Hey, if one of your new friends wanted to go with you to a comic con, I must just let you. Except you would have to change your appearance completely or wear a mask or something so that no one knew it was you," Tony defended himself, before giving me a hug. "Enjoy yourself tonight, will you? And make sure to stay safe. Peter will be there, I assume?"

"Dad, I don't need Spider-Man to protect me, I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself."

"I know you are, but he's the one with spider sense, so I feel less worried when he's there too."

"Whatever, I've got to go. I promise I'll bring back some candy for all of you!" I called out as I walked away, the sleeves of my dress flowing slightly as I moved.

I had finally chosen to listen to MJ and dress up as Leia, but went against her typical dress that literally everyone wore. I chose instead the white gown, that was similar to her most famous dress, that Leia wore at the end of A New Hope for the medal ceremony. I had made the dress with help from (A/I) and had Wanda style my hair in the braided style Leia wore in the scene. Continuing to stay accurate, I wore small silver heeled shoes, similar to the ones Leia wore, as well as a silver collar necklace.

I felt bad for Happy having to constantly drive me all of New York, so I elected instead to take the train tonight, after assuring my father a million times that I would be extra careful. It was a rare experience and I wanted to enjoy it, the opportunity to ride the train like a normal person made me feel almost, well, normal for once.

When I arrived at the apartment complex that Peter lived in, I checked my phone to make sure I had the correct address and to double check the apartment number. I finally arrived outside his door, finding myself a little nervous of what to expect. Would he like my costume? Would his aunt be home? If so, what would she think of me?

"Damn it, (Y/N), you need to stop worrying so much. He's just a fucking boy," I muttered under my breath. A voice in my head immediately responded, "yeah, but an extremely attractive and dorky boy who also happens to be Spider-Man and makes you feel all tingly inside whenever you see him."

I shook my head, hoping to clear these thoughts as I knocked on the apartment door. After about a second, the door flung open, revealing an adult woman with brown hair and brown eyes.

"You must be, (Y/N). Peter's told me so much about you," the woman smiled at me, ushering me in. "I'm his Aunt May, by the way. Peter's just finishing getting ready, he'll be out in a minute."

"Thank you, May," I replied, walking into the apartment and standing nervously by the door.

"Come, take a seat. I can't keep a princess standing, can I?" She encouraged me to sit on the couch nearby.

"Are you a Star Wars fan too?" I questioned as I sat down, afraid to fall into an awkward silence.

"Hard to not be when Peter's your nephew, not to mention him having Ned as a best friend. You know whenever one of them purchases a Lego set, they hang out together immediately to build it, no matter what else they have going on at the time."

The thought made me smile, "I'm so lucky that they were willing to be friends with someone like me."

"Someone like you? (Y/N), from what Peter told me, they're honored to have a friend like you. I heard you've gotten that Flash to stop bullying the two of them."