Chapter 38 - Visit from a God

As I awoke, I felt someone playing with my hair, making me smile when I remembered the night before. Without bothering to open my eyes, I snuggled closer to Peter, using his body heat to warm me.

"You're so beautiful, (Y/N), do I ever tell you that?" Peter asked, realizing that I was awake.

"Only like every other day," I replied, but deep down really appreciating the compliment.

"That's not right, is it?" Peter muttered causing me to open my eyes and look at him in confusion. "I should be telling you that every single day."

"Don't worry, Pete. On the days that you don't verbally say it, you're sure to tell me with your eyes," I assured him, rolling on top of him and placing a kiss on his lips. "However, I must admit that I find you to be far more attractive than I ever will be. And trust me, being raised by a Stark does not make me doubt my beauty."

He frowned, "I'm trying to figure out if your purposefully lying or you need to go to the doctor's because I've never heard you get anything so wrong before."

I playfully slapped his arm, but the moment was ruined when I remembered that we were still at the Avengers compound. If my father walked in on us like this, Peter would be forbidden from ever coming back and Tony would probably assign someone to be our chaperone whenever we saw each other.

I sighed as I pushed myself off of Peter, "I should probably go back to my room in case my dad decides to interrupt us."

His face fell slightly, but I could tell that he understood. As I gathered my strewn clothing, he grasped my arm and gave me one last kiss. As he pulled away I gave him one a sad smile before teleporting back into my bathroom. Peeking into the room to make sure that Tony wasn't sitting on my bed waiting for me or anything, I slipped into my room and threw on some clothes for the day.

"Son of a bitch," I muttered under my breath when I looked at my reflection to do my makeup. I should have realized before that moment that last night would have left some sort of mark. I shouldn't have assumed that my soreness would be the only physical souvenir I would have.

I cleaned myself up and covered the hickeys with foundation. I then headed down to the kitchen, were I found Steve making food for Peter, who looked on as though he wished to help but had nothing to do. Acting as though I had not seen him yet that morning, I snaked my hand into his and wished him a good morning with a kiss on his cheek.

"So now that Tony knows you've decided to start making out in front of everyone?" Steve commented, glancing up at us.

"Hey, it was just a peck on the cheek, I've seen you and Buck do a lot more than that," I retorted.

I could have sworn I saw a blush reach his cheeks, but the moment quickly vanished a voice boomed throughout the compound, "was that Lady (Y/N), that I just heard?"

My eyes widened as I turned to Steve, "when did he get here?"

"When did who get there? Whose voice was that?" Peter asked, completely confused by what was going on.

The answer was given by Thor walking into the kitchen with an open box of Poptarts in his hands, "Lady (Y/N), it has been far to long."

A large smile spread across my face as I ran into Thor's arms, enjoying one of his muscley hugs, "Thor, why didn't anyone tell me that you were coming?"

"It is just a quick visit, I have been searching the universe for the infinity stones, as you must know, and I figured I'd take a quick stop at Midguard to make sure the rest of the team was holding up without me," he explained, causing me to chuckle.

"Oh, they haven't been able to. Did you hear about their little squabble they had a while back? They even dragged Peter and Scott into it."

"Who are Peter and Scott?" Thor questioned, thoroughly confused. "I feel as though I have missed a century here on Midguard with everything that Steve has been telling me about."

"You really have," I agreed, nodding my head. "Unfortunately, Scott is with his family right now, but this is Peter right here."

Thor's eyes widened and he tried (but failed) to whisper to me, "I was not expecting the Avengers to accept someone so young."

"Oh, I'm not really an Avenger, I just help out sometimes," Peter jumped in and explained. "Although Mr.- Tony offered me a position a while back, but I chose to remain on the ground for a bit longer."

"I don't think he's necessarily too young for the Avengers, he's the same age as I am," I interjected, getting angry at Thor's belief that Peter was too young to be an Avenger. "Are you saying that you don't think I could be an Avenger?"

"Lady (Y/N), of course you are too young to be an Avenger! I know that you have received generous training from the Avengers, but I think it would be wise for a young warrior to have more practice before joining the team that protects the planet from alien attacks and other events of that sort."

"Well then it is a good thing that I've been getting plenty of practice," I smirked, gratefully a plate of eggs from Steve.

Thor's brows furrowed in confusion, "I am afraid I do not know to what you are referring."

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., can you pull up some videos of me kicking ass?" I asked the AI, sitting down at the island in the kitchen and digging into my breakfast.

Thor watched the videos of me as Shadow with great interest, seeming rather impressed by my skill at fighting. In a few of the videos Spider-Man was by my side, causing Thor to inquire as to who he was.

"Oh that's Peter," I replied absentmindedly, slipping my hand into his.

"I'm impressed by both you, Lady (Y/N), as well as you, Spiderling," Thor declared as the videos disappeared. "(Y/N), why was I not aware you could use magic? Where did you acquire that talent?"

"I was born with it. I don't know if Tony ever told you, but I'm actually adopted. I have no idea as to my true heritage, but DNA tests suggest that there's something alien in my blood. Tony didn't understand my magic and forbade me from using it, but being me, I ignored those orders and honed my skills. Now I have made myself a suit and give my father heart attacks everyday when I go out to fight crime with Peter," I explained, feeling quite proud as to how far I had come.

"Hey Peter, are you almost ready to go?" I heard May ask as she walked into the kitchen.

"You can stay longer, it's nice having Peter around," I encouraged May to stay, not wanting to give up my boyfriend so soon.

"Of course you'd say that, he's your boyfriend. The rest of us can't wait to get rid of him," Sam joked as he padded into the kitchen, playfully punching Peter's arm.

"C'mon Sam, I know some birds would only have a spider in the house for lunch, but I do think you've taken a liking to this particular one," I retorted, wrapping my arm around Peter.

"Wait, Lady (Y/N), you have a boyfriend? You've deemed this Spider worthy enough to court you?" Thor inquired, glancing skeptically at Peter.

"Well of course I have," I replied as though it were the most obvious thing in the world. "In fact, I have trouble believing that I am worthy enough to court him."

-

(A/N): barely awake, so I apologize for any mistakes in here! And I hope that you enjoy the chapter!