Chapter 28 - Prisoner

When I arrived back at the compound, Vision was there waiting to escort me to my room. Throughout the day I had let myself forget about my stupid bodyguard I was being assigned, but now it all came rushing back.

"Hello, (Y/N), would you like me to assist you with your homework tonight?" He asked, trying not to reveal he was asked to watch me for Tony.

"You know, if my father wanted you to conceal the fact he was assigning me a bodyguard, he shouldn't have chosen you for the first night. That was the worst excuse you could use to gain admittance into my room. But I know you won't leave me alone, so come on. I promise not to sneak out and go save the city," I sighed, walking past him without even glancing at him and expecting for him to follow me.

I passed Tony's lab and noticed him watching me, as though trying to decipher where I kept my suit and if I was going to try to pull something tonight. I did not give him the satisfaction of meeting his gaze, instead walking past with my head held high. He could keep me a prisoner, but he was not going to strip away who I was.

As I walked into my room, I knew it had been searched, noticing objects only centimeters off of their normal location. I couldn't believe that Tony really thought I would leave my suit unattended during the day, especially when I knew they were looking for it. Everyone told me that my dad was a genius, but I just couldn't see it.

"How do you do all of your homework and still have time to go out as Shadow in the evenings?" Vision wondered as he flipped through the pages of one of my textbooks.

"Well not having someone in here distracting me tends to help," I spat as I continued trying to concentrate on my math. I then took a deep breath and apologizes, "I'm sorry, Vis, that wasn't directed towards you. I'm just- I'm not very happy with my father right now and I projected my anger onto you instead. The truth is I can usually get my homework done pretty quickly, I have (A/I) do anything that can be typed while I do the handwritten assignments."

"So you cheat?" Vision tried clarifying, but I shook my head.

"It's called using your resources. Besides, I already know all of this information, the classes are really just pointless," I informed him, turning back to the work on my lap.

Vision was pretty good about not distracting me for the rest of the night, but his presence was still driving me insane. I hated being watched all of the time and I needed a break. About half an hour after I finished eating, I decided that I couldn't stay here any longer, not while I was under constant surveillance. Not to mention my father taking the opportunity to interrogate me at the dinner table.

The only thing that made me happy was the fact that not all of the Avengers seemed as upset with me as Tony did. Natasha seemed rather impressed by my work, as did Clint. Bucky really wanted to see the technology in my suit, however I couldn't show it to him considering I was hiding it. Sam just supported my decision to say "fuck you" to Tony Stark and do what I want. Even Steve seemed a little proud of me behind his Dad™ facade.

I decided that I was not up to staying cooped up in my room with a bodyguard, so I texted MJ, hey can I come over to your place for the night? I just need to get away from this house.

I only had to wait a few minutes for her reply, of course, I'll let my dad know that you are coming.

Thank you so much MJ, you don't know how much it means.

It's no problem, see you soon!

I quickly finished the last problem I had to do and then put my binders back in my bag to grab quickly tomorrow morning. I then headed into the bathroom, prompting Vision to inquire, "where are you going?"

"To the bathroom, do I need a babysitter to go there as well?" I replied, annoyed by my constant surveillance. Without waiting for a response, I went into the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

As soon as the door was closed, I closed my eyes and teleported close to MJ's apartment building. Making sure that no one had seen me, I rounded the corner and walked into the apartments. MJ's dad answered the door, ushering me inside with a friendly smile.

"MJ told me you're having some family trouble, you're welcome to stay as long as you need to sort that out. However, I do hope that you are trying to communicate with your dad," he spoke as I walked into the apartment.

"I am, he's just not listening. He never does, he can be incredibly self absorbed most of the time. But I'm sure you don't want to hear about this and I am grateful that you are letting me stay the night," I smiled at her, noticing MJ coming out of her room.

"You can come hang out in my room, if you want," she spoke up, thankfully allowing me to leave before MJ's father asked me anymore questions.

I plopped down on MJ's bed, "thank you so much for letting me come here, my dad's decided that I need a babysitter now to make sure I don't go out and save the world. I feel like I've become a prisoner of my own house."

"Won't you only anger him more by leaving?" She asked, sitting down next to me.

I shrugged, "you think I've thought that far ahead? I just feel like I'm suffocating there, I need to be able to breathe again."

"You can stay here under one condition," MJ informed me, causing me to panic slightly. She hadn't warned me that I might not actually get to stay. I suppose I still had Ned I could turn to, but after that, I had no one.

"And what is that?"

We were interrupted by a hesitant knock on the door and MJ perked up, "here he is now."

"He? Who are you talking about? Because if it's my father-"

"No, of course it's not your father," MJ replied, seeming surprised I would even suggest that. She then left her room to greet whoever it was she had invited, with me trailing behind in curiosity. She opened the door and said enthusiastically, "Peter, I'm so glad that you could make it!"

-

(A/N): Will you and Peter be able to sort things out? Also I didn't have internet at my house for like a full day which sucks when you have a bunch of homework you need to do online but it's fine :))) Still don't have electricity, but my house has a generator so we're all good! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!