Chapter 50 - I Am Shadow

"How do I look?" I asked Peter as I emerged from the bathroom, dressed for the press conference.

For the occasion I was wearing a floor length navy blue dress with sheer off the shoulder sleeves that reached a little past my elbows. I wore matching two inch open-toe heels as well as the diamond necklace that Tony had gotten me for my birthday. On my fingers sat both the promise ring Peter had gotten me as well as the moonstone ring he gave me earlier today.

Peter stood in my bedroom, his mouth hanging open slightly for a while until he finally managed to form words, "y-you look stunning, (Y/N). I-I mean you always l-look stunning, but you look especially... s-stunning."

I smiled as I tucked some of his hair behind his ear, "thanks, Pete. Have I ever told you how much I love you?"

"You may have mentioned it once or twice," he grinned, pecking my lips lightly. He then handed me a gift bag that was sitting on my bed, "here, this is the gift I really wanted to give you for your birthday, but it was more personal for such a public event."

"Peter, you didn't have to get me two presents, why do you always spoil me?" I asked, happily accepting the gift. Inside the bag sat a mason jar filled with slips of paper. I looked up at him, "what is this, Peter?"

"A list of things I'll do for you," Peter explained. "You can pull out a slip whenever you want and I'll come do it."

"Damn it, Peter, I was thinking about doing something like this for you too! Ugh, now I have to find something else," I complained, although I wasn't mad at him at all.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry, I can-"

"No Peter, don't worry, I was just joking. I love this so much," I smiled placing the bag down and pulling a slip for after the press conference. "Hmm let's see, what shall you do tonight. Ooh looks like you'll be making me a bubble bath tonight, and I would like to take up the offer of you joining me."

"If that's what you would wish," he grinned, placing his lips against mine.

As he pulled away, I turned back to the jar, "I wonder what else is in here?"

"Hey, you only get one slip at a time," he argued, reaching for the jar, but moved it out of his reach.

"You don't have to do them today, I just want to see what else you have prepared," I assured him, pulling out another slip.

The activities ranged from a candlelit dinner on a rooftop to letting me do whatever I wanted to do with him. Other things included giving me a full body massage, going down to the training room and sparring with me, going dancing with me, writing me a love letter, covering me in chocolate syrup and licking it all off, and making me breakfast in bed.

"You are going to striptease?" I giggled, not being able to imagine him doing something like that.

He shrugged, "I see how you look at me when I get changed, you seem to enjoy looking at my naked body, so why not slowly undress for you?"

"I can't wait for the day I pull that slip," I smiled, placing my lips back upon his.

There was a knock on my bedroom door before Tony opened it, causing Peter and I to leap apart. He looked between the two of us before saying, "why am I not surprised to find the two of you in here together? (Y/N), the conference will be starting soon and I need you downstairs."