XXVIII. Winter Break Begins

The last day of school before winter break came before they knew it. They didn't do much in classes, everyone hopping with energy.

After classes had ended, most people gathered outside the school and walked home or waited to be picked up.

"So, who's leaving and who's just saying goodbye to the people who are leaving?" Sebastian asked, looking around at them all.

"I'm leaving," Wes answered. "I might come back before break ends, though. My parents want me to be back for Christmas."

"I'm staying. My family's visiting Chloe, and I am not in the mood to fly to England to see someone who doesn't even like me," David added.

"I'm leaving. Ryan and I are not going to let dad be alone at Christmas time," Thad said.

"What about your mom?" Jeff asked curiously.

Thad shrugged. "She's been gone on some business trip. Either there's bad service or she's too busy for her family."

"Oh. Sorry," Jeff said, regretting asking.

"Thad!" a voice called. Thad looked around, seeing Ryan waving him over.

"Oh, that's my cue. Gotta go," Thad said, disappearing in the crowd of people.

"Well, I'm leaving. Christine's coming back, I haven't seen her in forever," Jeff said.

"I'm staying," Nick said.

"Wait, you are?" Jeff asked, frowning.

"Family conveniently booked a trip over winter break. Guess it's easier for them than just flat-out refusing to let me come home for Christmas." He shrugged.

"You should come stay with me for Christmas," Jeff suggested. "I mean, I really want you to meet my family and that'd be the perfect time."

Nick looked surprised. "What? No, I couldn't intrude."

"You wouldn't be intruding. They'd love you. You need a proper Christmas, Nicholas Duval. My family's motto is the more, the merrier." Jeff chuckled. "I think that's why I have so many sisters."

"Seriously?" Nick asked, eyes wide.

"Of course."

Nick grinned, hardly believing it. "Guess I'm leaving, then."

"Please, kiss already," Sebastian said dryly. They did so.

"I might leave for a day or two at some later point," Matt said. "I just don't want Christmas to get ruined."

"Matt, you wouldn't ruin Christmas," Sebastian said.

Matt chuckled. "I know. If I went home, my dad would ruin Christmas. I'm going to see if I can drop in for a day or two when he's gone."

"Kurt and I are leaving for Christmas, but not the whole break. I'm going with him," Blaine said. Kurt, who nobody was sure was even listening, nodded.