Seventeen

Hey George, sorry it’s been so long!  It’s been a busy few days, full of doing nothing and of doing stuff.  Let me fill you in.

So, Saturday night, we didn’t really discuss anything else.  The guys fought for another half an hour before I pulled Peter away and made him drive me and my bicycle home.  Sunday, I relaxed with my mom and we had a Supernatural marathon.  We finished the whole first season.  She’s really getting into this show.  Today is Monday, Day 22, and I’m sitting on the front steps of my porch, waiting for Breton.  He said he would give me a ride to school today. 

Note to self: Look into Driver’s Education classes.  Not being able to drive at seventeen years old is slightly embarrassing.

Meanwhile, I have learned nothing new for Operation 45D, but I plan on following the one lead I do have.  Scary Voice Man.  Breton spoke to him on the phone once at my house and seemed tense afterwards.  Definitely worth checking into.

A buzzing from my phone drew my attention away from the journal, and I picked up the cell to see who was texting me.

1 New Message 

From: UR BFFL PETER

Hey Georgie, can u hav dinner @ my place 2night?  My parents don’t believe i have any frnds aside from Bret.  Call ma!

Hey George, I know Peter threatened me to stay away from the whole “saving Breton” thing, but he hasn’t brought it up in a while…maybe I can get some info from him during dinner…

After receiving my mother’s blessing to eat over at Peter’s, I sent a quick reply saying I was available.

To: UR BFFL PETER

Yo yo yo Peter, I can have dinner at your house tonight, thank you for asking with correct grammar and spelling and everything, I appreciate the effort you put into typing everything correctly.  My mom said yes, so dinner is a go.  In other words: i can go, C U 2nite @ dinner

From: UR BFFL PETER

Georgie,

Thank you ever so much for your most sincere reply.  It is simply lovely of you to gain permission from your mother before agreeing, and so right of you to call me out on my atrocious spelling, grammar, and various other mistakes.  It is ever so delightful to know you are looking out for me in my academic subjects.  You are simply a divine friend.

Affectionately yours,

Peter Joel

To: UR BFFL PETER

Like whut?  LOL ROFL ur so funny haha

From: UR BFFL PETER

Haha G, see you in prison

From: UR BFFL PETER

Oops, I mean school.  See you in school.

To: UR BFFL PETER

I see no difference

The closing of a door told me Breton was finally ready, and I rose off the stairs and walked down the front sidewalk out to his car.

“Hello Breton!” I cheerfully greeted him, stepping into the car.  Instead of responding verbally, he gave me one of those ‘what up?’ nods that guys do.