Bouquets

The front door to Hamilton's Flowers slammed open, the bells rang furiously. Alex looked up from under the counter and saw a man, with somewhat curly hair, standing in front of him. From the way he was panting and his face being red, Alex assumed that he had ran there. The man harshly threw a fifty dollar bill onto the counter.
"How would I passive-aggressively say 'fuck you' in flower?" The flower shop owner curbed back a chuckle and looked the customer in the eye.
       "Should I ring this up as a gift or regular bouquet?" The man looked at Alex as if he had no idea what he was saying. "Ok, I'll take that as a gift."
       Alex grabbed a blank card and placed it on the counter. He disappeared into the back of the shop to get what the man needed. The customer watched as Alex swayed along with his steps.
       Alex grabbed a few geraniums, some meadowsweet, a couple of foxgloves, a little yellow carnations, and three orange lilies. He wondered back over to the counter, grabbing some plastic while on his way. He wrapped up all the flowers and tied the card to the wrapping.
       "Will that be all sir?" Alex looked up at the hazel eyed man. He swallowed roughly as he analyzed the man. He was tall, probably around 6"1 or 6"2. The customer caught Alex's eye. A little smirk played at his lips as he grabbed the flowers.
       "Yeah, just put it on my tab," he threw a wink at Alex which turned his face a crimson color.
       "So I'll be billing that to...?" Alex had his notepad in hand.
       "Laurens, John Laurens." Then he walked out of the store like it was nothing.

The rest of the week was quite slow after Alex's encounter with the taller man. He could seem to shake him off his mind. Every spare second he had, it was thinking of John Laurens. It's a shame that he wouldn't see him again.
Roughly around two weeks after John had visited, Alex started receiving white roses. They would be delivered to his shop every Tuesday afternoon. It was a little strange but Alexander didn't mind. Alex enjoyed them quite honestly, who ever was sending them was really sweet. He didn't think he deserved them but it didn't matter.
Tuesday rolled around again, something was different about it. Alexander shuffled out of his flower shop and looked around. Maybe he'd find the culprit behind the white roses. He waited out there until a customer came by. He let out a defeated sigh then walked back into the shop. The man walked behind the counter then proceeded to follow routine.
"Hello sir how may I help you?" Alex didn't get a reply, which caused him to look up at the customer. It was John, he was holding a white rose.
"Hello, here's your weekly delivery." He had a stupid-cute smile sprawled across his face. Alexander was speechless. Why would a man he barley knew send him flowers.
"Mr. Laurens," He hesitantly took the white rose from John, it smelled wonderful. The shop owner placed the rose carefully on the counter.
"Please, call me John." He grabbed a piece of paper off the counter then proceeded to scribble down a few digits. "I'd like to take you out for coffee sometime. Only if you don't mind."
       "Oh well, um- yes. Yes I'd like to." Alexander smiled at the taller man. He was very attractive, and his freckles - the way they were splattered among his face. It made Alexander want to spend every waking moment with this man.
       "So, next Tuesday?" John lifted his right brow, waiting for a response. Alex only nodded, which was enough for the freckled man. He made his way out of the store, leaving Alexander a flustered mess.

       The following Tuesday seemed to take forever to arrive. The date had Alexander checking his phone every other second, the time never passed any faster when he did that. When the day finally rolled around, Alex sprang out of bed like a toddler who was hyped up in candy. He tried so hard to dress up, even though he was only going for coffee. He spent 32 minutes trying to decide for an outfit, he finally gave up and just wore what he'd normally  wear.
       Almost no customers came into the store that day, that was fine though. Alexander waited for John, he was anxious. What if he never showed. No. Alex got rid of his negative thoughts and waited patiently.
       Around the time his white rose would usually be delivered, the door's bell rang as it opened. Alex walked out from the back of the shop then stopped. He stared back at John, who had a bouquet of white roses in his hand, and wore a ridiculous smile.
       "Hi," he almost whispered. He walked over to the counter and handed the roses to Alexander.
       "Thank you," Alex walked around the counter and hugged John. Without thinking, he placed a kiss on the other man's cheek. He immediately pulled back. "Oh! Um, oh I'm so sorry,"
       John smiled then kissed Alexander's cheek. "How bout that coffee now?" Alex's red face nodded.
       John and Alex walked out of the shop, he flipped the sign to say that the shop was closed. Then they went to their coffee date.