Chapter Sixteen

(Audrey's POV)

"I'm not going to even ask for a name." Val said as he walked over and inspected my injuries.

"What did he want?" Enzo asked.

"Wanted me to go with him. Said he's going to take me far away and then come back to finish it."

"You mean, to kill us." Enzo said and I nodded.

"What do we do?" Ruby asked.

"You do nothing." Val snapped. "We're going to go home and get ready for dinner."

So that's what we did. We got back to the apartment and began to get ready. As I was getting ready in Val's room there was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

It was Doctor McCall.

"Of course you were called." I said making him smile.

"The Bianchi men are....a bit overprotective and worrisome when it comes to their women and injuries."

I sat on the bed and he looked me over. My hands and head just needs some butterfly bandages. He also gave me some pain meds.

"You're good to go."

"Thank you."

He left just as Val came in.

"Do I look okay?" I asked.

I wore a baby blue sundress and a pair of flats.

Ever since we started living with the Val and Enzo, Ruby and I don't wear the same clothes as we used to. We used to have to hide the bruises but now there are no bruises to hide.

"You look beautiful, Dolcezza."

"Are you okay?" I asked knowing the answer.

"I will be." He said placing his hands on my hips.

I kissed his nose and gave him my best smile. He broke and smiled back at me.

We left for their parents house twenty minutes later. When we arrived, Ruby and I were in awe.

"This is where you grew up?" Ruby asked as we got out.

"Yeah." Enzo smiled taking her hand in his.

The doors opened before we got there and Juliet came out with Isabella behind her.

"Ruby! Audrey!" Isabella screamed running to give us a hug.

"Nice to see you again." Juliet said giving us a hug before moving on to her sons.

We walked inside and followed Juliet to the living room.

"Have a seat. Would you like anything to drink?" She asked.

"No thank you." We smiled.

"Dov'è papà?" Val asked.
(Where is dad?)

"Where you'd expect." Juliet said.

"We'll be right back." Val said kissing the side of my head before disappearing down the hall.

"What is going on?" Juliet asked once Enzo and Val both left the room. "I can see the anger in his eyes."

I held out my palms so she could see the cuts.

"There's also one on my head." I said as she placed her hand over her mouth.

"It was that Andrew guy, wasn't it?"