Chapter Twenty

A/N:

I bet you're wondering why so many updates this fast?

Well I start back to school soon and I'd like to get this story finished and Isabella's started before I leave. I don't know how much time I'll have to write once I'm back.

Enjoy!!😉😉

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share with friends!!

-Anon 💜😘😉🤭😱💜

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Enzo's POV)

No one said anything for a few minutes. Eric was trying to have a stare down with dad. It was Sean who spoke first.

"Let's get this shit over with." He said gaining everyone's attention. "You killed Ernie."

"We did." Dad nodded.

"Why?"

"Justice." Dad said.

"Justice? He was one of our best assets." Eric said getting a little heated.

"He was."

Val and I remained silent. We'd been to many meetings with our father before and it was always the same. We remained silent until we were directly spoken to or until he let us answer.

I've always followed those rules perfectly.

Val?

Well his anger tends to get the best of him.

"Do you have a legitimate reason?" Eric asked.

"He was a perverted old f*cker who liked to beat his wife and kids." Val said.

"We were very well aware of that."

"And you continued to let it happen?!"

Now Val was getting angry.

"Wasn't bothering us." Eric shrugged.

"How do you suppose we settle this?" Sean asked dad.

He was about to answer when Eric cut him off.

"How do we settle this?! They killed two of our men, my men. An eye for an eye. That's how settle this."

"Shut up." Sean growled at him. "You know nothing."

"I know nothing? Who the f*ck you think you're talking to? This is my business. My father gave it to me."

"You have no idea what the man sitting across from you has done for this family. For our business. You have no f*cking clue."

"What he's done for us? What he's done for us is taken away our best asset. Now we have to find his replacement since they killed the original replacement."

Sean ignored him and focused on our father. "Vince, we've known each other a long time."

"We have." He nodded.

"How do you wish to settle this?"

"$250,000 for the inconvenience and it all goes away."

Sean looked around at the rest of Irishmen that were with them and they all nodded.

"Deal."

"What?! No f*cking way." Eric yelled standing up.

"Sit. Back. Down." Sean said.

"F*ck you. You're over here kissing his ass like he's God or some shit. F*ck this shit. An eye for an eye." He said before reaching for his gun.

He had just managed to get it out when dad was across the table and had him pinned to the wall.

"God? He's not kissing my ass like I'm God. I'm the motherf*cking Devil." Dad spat. "The only reason I'm not putting your own bullet through your head is because I know you're just some stupid kid who doesn't know shit."

He let him go and took several steps back. The stupid f*cker still had the nerve to raise his gun.

A gun went off seconds later. Eric dropped his gun and screamed in pain.

Val had shot him. The bullet went right past dad's head but he didn't even flinch. He just watched as Eric went down. The bullet hit his shoulder so he'd be fine.

"$300,000 and it's settled." Dad said turning to Sean.

Sean agreed.

"Teach him respect and some manners. He won't last long without them." Val said.

"Better yet, take him off the his throne. I'm sure no one but himself will fight for his right. He a disgrace to the business. My sons are a year younger and they are more equipped to run the business than he is."

"Who would take his place?" Sean asked.

"You can't be serious?!" Eric groaned standing up while clutching his bleeding arm. "There's no f*cking way I'm letting any of you take my place just because this f*c-"

Eric was cut off by another gun shot.

This one came from his own gun in dad's hand. I hadn't even seen dad pick it up.

The bullet landed directly between his eyes.

He dropped dead as his brain decorated the wall behind him.

"Problem solved. You'll have less headaches now." Dad said dropping the gun.

"We are sorry about the-"

Dad cut Sean off by raising his hand.

"It's done." Dad said. "As second in command, you are now the boss."

"What do we tell people? They're people who will ask about him." Sean said kicking Eric's foot.

Dad shrugged. "Tell then the truth. If they have a problem with it then give them my number. They can call me."

We left the casino and headed back home but we made a pit stop first. We stopped at Carlo's and the bakery.

The only one capable of killing someone at the casino and not getting punished is our father. I'm sure we could get by with it also.

Usually, if you break the rules at the casino, since it's mutual ground, the punishment is death. Eric makes the fifteenth person that dad has killed there.

You'd think people would stop holding meetings with him there but they're all still stupid enough to feel safe there.

"How did it go?" Mom asked as soon as we got back.

"Everything is settled." Dad said.

"Good. Now no more drama for a while, please." She said and he just smirked.

"Where are the girls?"

Mom chuckled. "Your sister has them hostage in the game room."

"Better go save them."

Val and I made our way up to the game room and sure enough she had them hostage. She had them playing the Wii with her. They were playing one of the Just Dance games.

Val and I just stayed back and watched. We watched as they laughed, danced, and had a good time.

"Si adattano perfettamente alla nostra pazza famiglia, vero?" I asked Val.
(They fit in perfectly with our crazy family, don't they?)

"Si lo fanno." He nodded.
(Yes, they do.)

I felt it then. I felt that everything was going to be just fine. We could all go on with our lives now.

When they finally saw us standing there watching them, Isabella dragged us in to dance too. I was more willing than Val, but then Audrey batted her eyelashes at him and stuck her lip out in a pout.

A minute later, him and I were dancing and the girls were cracking up.

Life was good and I couldn't wait to see what the future brought.