Chapter 3

Nico's Pov:

I was relieved to see Will, but when he said that we should go back to the infirmary, I refused. I needed to tell him about my dream. It's sort of like a test for him, to see if he really does care for me. "I need to tell you about my dream."

"Nico, could you tell me that in the infirmary? My siblings and the patients might get worried." He said.

Of course. He didn't actually care about me. He just cares about his patients, to make sure they don't die. As soon as I leave he'll never talk to me again. "Sure, I wouldn't want to make your friends mad." I said, trying to not sound as if I was hurt, but I don't think I accomplished that.

"We can talk about it here though, if you want." He smiled, and that instantly made me want do anything, no matter what it was. Dam it! I can't be thinking like this. I decided to let him choose.

"You choose, I'm tired." I said that then immediately regretted it. I'll never talk to him about it now.

"Ok, if you're tired we should head back to the infirmary, but you don't like to let people in on your secrets and dreams, so here would be a good place to talk about it... What happened in your dream, Death Boy?" I didn't expect that answer. I realized about 80 years later that I'd been staring. "Neeks? You ok?" Sun Boy asked.

"Yes, Solace. Now will you shut up while I tell you about my dreams?" I said in a harsh tone so that he'd be quiet. He went quiet, and I told him about my dream. However, I didn't tell him that his face was the only memory that stood out. If I did, I don't know what would happen. He listened to me patently, which I don't think anyone has ever done before.

"Wow, Neeks. I know that this is really hard for you. It's hard for me too. But I know that because you are the strongest and bravest demigod I've ever met, I know that you'll get through this." He said with the smile on his face. It didn't work this time, though.

"How is it hard for you too, Solace?" I was kind with my words. Maybe not to you, but for me, I was being the nicest person in the world. I thought that, then he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me!" I moved my shoulder backwards quickly, so his hand would get off.

"O-oh, sorry Neeks. Anyways... It's hard for me because seeing you in pain makes me upset. I want to change that, bu-" He was cut off by a blood curdling scream. We both ran, and I realized that I didn't have my sword. It was still in my cabin, because I didn't think I'd need it in the infirmary.

We ran towards the sound, and I saw a small blue monster that was no larger than a pillow. I remembered Annabeth telling me about them, but I couldn't remember much more than the fact that they are 100 times more harmful than they look. I also saw a girl fighting the monster, then immediately recognized it as Kayla Knowles, from the Apollo Cabin. "Kayla!" Will yelled. She looked over to see what the noise was, and it was a huge mistake. The monster took the opportunity to attack.

I knew I wasn't supposed to use my magic, but I had to. We would all die if I didn't, so I went ahead and summoned an army of skeletons. I didn't hear Will or Kayla's shouting. I didn't feel Will trying to push me away. I didn't see the worried face or the bright blue eyes and freckle combination Will was pulling off. I focused all my energy into keeping Will safe. Oh, and Kayla, too. Not that I didn't like her, other than Will she's the only other person who ever takes care of me in the infirmary. Only, Will's better.

I summoned the skeletons and they killed the monster. They turned back towards me, waiting for my command, and I sent them back to the underworld.

"Nico!" Kayla yelled, while Will was making sure she wasn't hurt in any way. He ran quickly to me, when he heard her scream. I was fine, of course. I know my limits. I hope. As soon as i thought that, I fell backwards. A pair of strong arms caught me, and picked me up. I passed out.

Will's Pov:

Kayla and I ran back to the infirmary, Nico in my arms. I didn't realize how long we were out, dinner was finished. 

I set Nico in the bed, so that he could rest. I was just about to get up to go get some food in the infirmary then a voice interrupted me.

"I don't recall you being at dinner, Mr. Solace." Chiron said.

ATTENTION: SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT GUYS I'LL COME UP WITH A LONGER ONE FOR CHAPTER FOUR I SWEAR ON THE RIVER STYX! LOVE YOU GUYS DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT SUGGESTIONS!