Chapter 1: Ugh, Valentine's Again?

Marinette wakes up. She looks at her calendar.  Sure enough plain as day it reads, February 14th, Valentine's Day!  She gives Tikki a look of annoyance. She can tell her friend appears to be just happy as ever about the holiday.  Well, not this girl!  No way!  She could care less.

      "Marinette, isn't  it great?  Today is Valentine's Day!"  Tikki says.

   "Yeah, yeah, whatever!" Marinette says with a hint of sarcasm to her voice.

   "Oh, that is right, I forget you were against love!"  Tikki teases her.

   "It is not I am against love!  It is rather I don't believe in the whole idea of a special day for it that's all."  Marinette says.

  "Well, not everyone is cruel you know!"  Tikki remarks.

   "Whatever, as far as I am concerned Valentine's Day is just an excuse for broken hearts!  Tears shed over  rejection and stupid presents like chocolates that you don't even care to eat!"  Marinette says.

   "I still think it is so romantic!" Tikki says.

   "Hmmpfh, I gotta go!   I have school and there is certainly nothing romantic about that!" Marinette says.

   Tikki sighs as she climbs into Marinette's bag. She knows today marks the anniversary of the day she met Plagg for the first time many years ago. It was the day they fell in love!  The day the made the promise to love each other forever!  Oh, she could hardly wait to see him again!  Tikki thinks, no matter what Marinette thinks about the day, she plans to enjoy every moment of it.

   Meanwhile, Adrien gets up and sees the date.  He thinks, hmm, today is just another day since my mother left us, no left me!  It is another day my father ignores me. It is a day that nothing good could come out of it. Why, how could it when no one loves me!  At least, not since my mother anyway.  I suppose like any other day, it is a day of no hopes of much a future.  He sighs as he gets ready for school, feeds Plagg his cheese and sees him climb into his jacket with a little thank you.  He is glad that he has Plagg.  At least this way, if he is lonely for life, he has someone to share things with anyway.  Not say Plagg is much a listener. 

    In the Bougerious residence, Chloe gets ready fast!  She is out the door so quick her daddy just barely manages to give her a hug!  The mayor smiles. He can tell his daughter is happier lately than she has been in a long time. He wonders what it is. He has no idea, that it is a certain boy she has her eye on that makes her feel this way. 

  Then, in the Cuffaine home, which is more than a boat, than a house really, Timothy jumps out of bed, gets dressed, eats his poptart, heads out the door with his backpack and is on his way to school as well. He can hardly wait to see Chloe! He wonders, what will she wear today?  It is Valentine's Day after all, so I wonder if she wear a special outfit!  He does not have to wait for long. Soon after he arrives at the school, he sees the woman who wins his affections.  Timothy blushes.

   *Note from author, the Calendar at the top of this page was found at  www.pinterest.com  and it looks like it goes well with this part of the story.

    _What do you think, so far?

    to be continued in Chapter 2  The Valentine's  Dance?