Chapter 2 Valentine's Dance!

When the class starts for the day, Miss Bustier says she has something special to announce.  Alya, Nino, Chloe, Timothy and the others look on in anticipation!  Marinette could care less what it is about.  As for Adrien he looks on with a glum look on his face as usual. 

     "Class there is to be a special Valentine's Dance!  It will take place right here  in the school gymnasium at 3 pm!  Everyone must participate in it.  Dates are are a requirement!  Any who show up without a date will be assigned one."  Miss Bustier says.

    "Are you serious, about the whole date thing?"  Kim ask.

   "Yes, Kim I sure am!"  Miss Bustier says.

  "I think it sounds rather romantic!"  Rose remarks.

 "I think it sounds like some crazy propaganda!"  Marinette says.

 "Oh, how so?"  Max asks as he raises one eyebrow.

 "It is just a ploy to get us to ask out someone only to risk rejection.  Why even bother?"  Marinette scoffs.

 "Hey, now!  Just because you hate it, doesn't mean everyone else has too!"  Luka responds.

 "Here,here, my brother is so right!" Juleka states.

 "I think it is an awesome idea!"  Kagami adds.

 "It is just another reminder of how unloved I actually am!"  Adrien blurts out.

 "Oh, I am sure it can't really be all that bad, dude!"  Nino protests.

 "Yes, I am sure there is even a special someone for you!" Alya tells him.

  "Oh, but it is!"  Adrien says.

   "It is just another excuse to shove us all together in an uncomfortable spot!"  Marinette shouts.

   "Girl, you need to calm down!" Alya rebukes her.

   "I think it's a lovely idea,"  Ondine gushes.

   "Same here!" Marc adds.

  "I for one have no intentions to show up!" Marinette brags.

  "For any of you who plan to stay home, I would suggest you reconsider as this dance is a requirement to graduate!  It goes a long way towards social skills!"  Miss Bustier explains.

 "Miss Bustier is right, and she is my date to the dance, so you all back off from her!"  Principal Damocles brags.

  "Ugh!" Marinette pouts. She puts her head down on her desk and thinks, what kind of crazy school do my parents send me to anyway.

 "I think the idea is splendid!"  Lila agrees.

     Everyone returns to their seats as Miss Bustier begins the lesson. Finally, the bell rings to signal the end of school. 

    Alya rushes towards the exit. She can't wait to go home and prepare for the dance. She only wishes a certain someone would ask her to the dance.

  "Hi, Alya!"  Nino says.

 "Hi, Nino!"  Alya blushes.

  "Alya, want to go with me to the dance?"  Nino ask.

  "Sure, Nino!  I would love too!"  Alya responds.

  "Great, see ya later!"  

       Alya walks off with an excitement to her step!  She looks forward to her date to the dance with Nino!  

     "Sabrina, you have a date yet?"  Max ask.

    "No!"  Sabrina shrugs her shoulders.

   "Will you go with me then?"  Max inquiries.